Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bangkok to Sinagore

• 06-10-2009 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi.I am embarking on a round the world trip in November. I fly from home to hong kong and travel over land to cambodia laos vietnam and finish up in bangkok from here. Im looking for some advice on travelling from bangkok to sinapore as i fly out to Oz from singapore. I will have approx 3 weeks.If anyone has any suggestions as to where to go from here it would be much appreciated!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Personally i would fly from Bangkok to the islands in South Thailand. Spend a week there and then make my way through Malaysia overland to Singapore. The transport links are good in Malaysia and it's a great holiday location. You should look into Cameron Highlands and Taman Negara.

If you like beach parties and sun holidays then maybe you should stay in Thailand longer and fly to Kuala Lumpur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 thecurleygal

Cheers that sounds good.feel like i need a plan as i am doin the first part with a tour group but am on my own from Bangkok.Thanks for your advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Air Asia will get you from Bangkok to Singapore for around 40 Euro. It's about a 3 hour flight.

Or you can get the train from BKK to Butterworth/Penang in Malaysia. From there you can switch and get it to Singapore. This would be around 36 hours in total.

Another option is the bus and is a bit quicker than the train. Go from Bangkok to Haad Yai. Then from there down to the border on the west coast. Once over the border you can easily get a bus to Kuala Lumpur. And KL is an easy connection to SIN.

Malaysia is a cool country and cheaper than Thailand. Places worth stopping off at if you had the 3 weeks to play around with are Langkawi, Georgetown, Batu Caves, Kuala Lumpur, Tioman. The Perenthians are amazing but right up in the north east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 thecurleygal

There seems to be plenty of options anyways. Im more tempted to travel overland to see more and both the train and bus option appeal more even though it may not be as comfy!Thanks for that its realy helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Well you can get your own bed on the train and they are pretty comfy and cheap. It's a busy route and you'd wanna book ahead if planning on getting a 1st class one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement