Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help, canon 1000d!

• 06-10-2009 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been contempleting, getting a DLSR for ages now, surfing e-bay, adverts.ie local rags ect. on monday while i was at work i text my girlfriend to ask her to check an item on e-bay a refurbished canon 1000d, with a load of silly extra bits(57"tripod, 8gb memory card, 55m lense, x2 magnafication lense and a few other bits). When i came home i discovered she'd bought it for £379, and not just checked it!!!!

I was wondering what the camera is like, now that i am stuck with it could anyone tell me should i try to send it back when it comes or is it a decent camera? if it is decent should i buy a 300mm lense of will it be ok with the x2 lense, im at a loose end cos i aint a clue about DSLR's and was biding my time before i bought one, seemingly i'll be waiting no more!!!

Thanks all in advance , dean.

Forgot to add, i will use it for sports and landscape.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Now there's a nice surprise for you!

I think you should tell the girlfriend "thank you very much for being so generous in buying that for you" :D Oh yeah, you should probably buy her some flowers in return :p

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos1000d/page34.asp

It's highly recommended by those boys ^^^^^^^^^^ scoring 8.5 out of 10

On the linked page have a read of the pro's and con's.

I think as far as entry level DSLR's go its as good as any decent branded camera - bang for the buck sorta stuff.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

My husband bought me my first DSLR for Christmas and it was a 1000D, I love it, obviously I would love a more advanced one but with the way things are at the moment it was all that could be afforded. I have been using it mainly for taking pictures at the local rugby club and I have to say I have no problems at all. I am using a Sigma 70-200 F2.8 on it and it is grand.

Hope you enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I've one too and been using it since last christmas. For starting out (like me) its perfect! Keep it!!

Advertisement