Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media Hard Drive

Options
  • 06-10-2009 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a hard drive that can play directly to a TV. Like this:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=481572&view=detailed#ProductTabs

However, I have a good few movies backed up as .ISO files. Is there any player availible that can take these files and play them directly? I appreciate that it would take a fair but of processing power. Or, is there a format that would work directly? I do a fair bit of coverting so I don't really want to go down the DVD to MPEG/DiVX route, it takes too long

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

I have the Western Digital media player and a Dvico Tvix 5100, they play everything I throw at them! My Western Digital doesnt play DTS audio but apparently the new ones do!

Another popular choice is the popcorn hour media player.

I don't know the brand you linked to but I know the popcorn hour has a huge web following which is handy for advice!

Check out here and here and here!

Advertisement