Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DISTURBING NEWS

Options
  • 06-10-2009 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

IT is with regret i post this .

One of the main figures in getting target pistols and full bore rifles back into the hands of irish shooters was today refused a licence for his two pistols a 9mm and a 38.
    he is a very active member of a range and had all the boxes ticked.

two guards arrived at his door with the refusal ,no reason was i under stand,they offered him a licence for a single .22 of Olympic spec pistol limited to 5 shots.

also there was a condition on this .375 H&H licence that the rifle will not be fired in the counrty not even on any practice range
    how is a man expected to hunt dangerous game with a firearm he is un firmly with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

jwshooter wrote: »

One of the main figures in getting target pistols and full bore rifles back into the hands of irish shooters was today refused a licence for his two pistols a 9mm and a 38.

two guards arrived at his door with the refusal ,no reason was i under stand,they offered him a licence for a single .22 of Olympic spec pistol limited to 5 shots.

also there was a condition on this .375 H&H licence that the rifle will not be fired in the counrty not even on any practice range
    how is a man expected to hunt dangerous game with a firearm he is un firmly with.

Can this firearms owner legally retain his .375 in the republic if he shoots in the north? what requirements would he have to apply so as to retain his rifle and shoot up north or uk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭thedragon

The DOJ must be absolutely F**ked both mentally and physically with the amount of ****e they constantly keep thinking up. They can come up with all the blockers for us guys but they can come up with sweet f**k all for the criminals. I wonder why they cant put the same exhaustitive taught into cracking crime. Oh ya,forgot this is Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 atals77

I don't suppose having supported the Lisbon Treaty will help us hold onto our pistols like all our EU shooting collegues. This Government has absolutely nothing going for it. (Other than a good trashing at the next general election).

I despair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭thedragon

atals77 wrote: »
    I don't suppose having supported the Lisbon Treaty will help us hold onto our pistols like all our EU shooting collegues. This Government has absolutely nothing going for it. (Other than a good trashing at the next general election).

I despair
    It should help but it wont. The government hand pick the EU regulations that suit themselves. A typical example of this would VRT,this is a complete breach of EU legislation that the government were told to stop.
    We're in the EU when it suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

I know times are tight but surely there are enough of us to fund a legal case to get this sh1te overthrown. If every active shooter, every dealer and maybe some of the ammo manufacturers contributed you would think it would be viable.

Its ironic that seeing as they cannot fault my use of firearms they are using the possibility of my firearms falling into the wrong hands so they can take them away from me despite the fact that 12 months ago, when I gave them a video tape of a burglar trying to break into my house and vandalising my property, the Gardai weren't able to convict him even though I picked him out of a mugshot book, they knew him, I gave a written statement and I was willing to give evidence in court. This is a joke.

No doubt this is another issue that was stalled until after Lisbon in case we would use it to punish them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Hmmmmmm...From the descriptions of the firearms I think I know who this person is....But I wont say who they are ...So this sounds like a very bad case of sour grapes or revenge on the DOJ/Gardai side...and if I judge the man right...They picked the wrong person to do this to..

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    ...So this sounds like a very bad case of sour grapes or revenge on the DOJ/Gardai side......

Thats my first impression. Don't know the man as you might but from the OP,
    One of the main figures in getting target pistols and full bore rifles back into the hands of irish shooters...........
    its the first thing popped into my head.
    They picked the wrong person to do this to..

Hope he nails it to them.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

Chipboard wrote: »
    I know times are tight but surely there are enough of us to fund a legal case to get this sh1te overthrown. If every active shooter, every dealer and maybe some of the ammo manufacturers contributed you would think it would be viable.

Its ironic that seeing as they cannot fault my use of firearms they are using the possibility of my firearms falling into the wrong hands so they can take them away from me despite the fact that 12 months ago, when I gave them a video tape of a burglar trying to break into my house and vandalising my property, the Gardai weren't able to convict him even though I picked him out of a mugshot book, they knew him, I gave a written statement and I was willing to give evidence in court. This is a joke.

No doubt this is another issue that was stalled until after Lisbon in case we would use it to punish them.

I totally agree, If Licenced shooters want to continue their sport then they will have to pull together and mount a court challenge to thease draconian and unjust policys with EVERY Licenced member of the shooting comunity making a contribution to some form of special fund, Gardi cannot make up the law as they go allong and any judge worth his salt will know this, Time for shooters to get together and start acting is now & not when you get the nock on the door to tell you to give up your sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

It's fairly obvious who the man is, it looks like the're sending out a message to the rest of us by starting with him, i'm sick of this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I'm not sick of the country just the yahoos running it at the moment :mad:

I shall be contacting my constituency FF TD's and I will explain how I feel once this situation is clear

FG & Labour should be able to make hay from this too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

I'm not sick of the country just the yahoos running it at the moment :mad:

I shall be contacting my constituency FF TD's and I will explain how I feel once this situation is clear

FG & Labour should be able to make hay from this too ;)

yeah fianna fail , vote for us and we'll turn the clock back 30 years , we'll tell you to tighten your belts and we'll live high on the hog , we'll give our croneys cushy jobs even though they are incompetent , and we'll take you back to a time when the gardai could make up the law as they went along , and why live in prosperity when recession is so much better .:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭PJ Hunter

should have put down big game, you know how it is here:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

was this a renewal or new application (Pre or Post Nov '08)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

was this a renewal or new application (Pre or Post Nov '08)
    If it's the person many of us think it is, they were waaaaay pre-November '08.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

jwshooter, All I can say is I am Ashamed of the Liars that are running this country, what happened to the Grandfathering system (Those that have will keep).

A proven corrupt Government, a firearms system that's Unjust, Unfair, Unconstitutional, that doesn't give true Equality.

A firearms Licensing document that the powers that be know is misleading because it should have been two sets of documents (Applications / Renewals), even the Garda are complaining about this.

How much money is this New Firearms Regime costing the tax payers, a system which is grinding itself into the ground.

Ahern stated he wanted to reduce the number of illegal firearms in the country, his new regime after the 31th October is going to be the cause of putting a large number of people across the legal/illegal line through no fault of their own.

I feel truly sorry for the person mentioned in the original post because he is been made to dispose of his legally held full bore pistols, all shooters should come together and raise funds to fight this case if he was willing to take one on.

Sikamick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

I have to say that i could see something like this coming ! I didnt think that the powers that be would hold to there word or that they had a clue what they were talking about with new legislation and guidelines. What bothers me more though is that I know of some people in the shooting community that in my opinion gave 2 fingers to pistol shooters when it first came out about a ban only because it wouldnt affect them with the firearms they had. I not only feel sorry for the person this happened to but if this type of thinking continues from the powers than an awful lot of shooters, clubs and ranges will suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Just had a call from one of our members, 9mm refused, they would look favorably at an application for .22 Olympic.

Very Very sad day for the shooting in this Country .

Sikamick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Sikamick wrote: »
    Just had a call from one of our members, 9mm refused, they would look favorably at an application for .22 Olympic.

Very Very sad day for the shooting in this Country .

Sikamick

there all singing of the one sheet if so.this is only going to get worse.

we must have the most corrupt government in the world .they would not even lie straight in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭meathshooter

Sikamick wrote: »

A proven corrupt Government, a firearms system that's Unjust, Unfair, Unconstitutional, that doesn't give true Equality.

A firearms Licensing document that the powers that be know is misleading because it should have been two sets of documents (Applications / Renewals), even the Garda are complaining about this.

How much money is this New Firearms Regime costing the tax payers, a system which is grinding itself into the ground.

Sikamick

I know that it costs 1.5 billion of taxpayers money to keep the garda going and the commissioner in his new merc not much value for money since some are incompetent living in a bubble lets blame the legal gun holders we will take photos of them evil black things we get on telly and pretend were doing something right there a law on to themselves no wonder the country f****d

Advertisement