Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seabass fillets? What way to cook them?

Options
  • 06-10-2009 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any tips or ideas for me pleeease?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I've done this in the past and really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I find with any fish, you cook them til they're not quite done as by the time it takes you to plate up and serve, the residual heat will have finished off the cooking process.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Leave skin on. Melt butter in pan,fairly hot. Add fillets,skin side down. Cook till skin is crispy. Turn and cook for about 2-3minutes. Wallah!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

What i did at the weekend:

butter Mix: about 2oz butter, or more if you like. juice of 1 lime, decent amoutn of fresh corriander - stir and put in fridge

2 fillets (i.e. one fish)
    Bit of olive oil in baking tray
    Fish skin side down
    Bake at 180 degrees 10 mins

After 10, spoon over butter mix, cook for another 10 mins

Subtle flavour but lovely served with Mash, asparagus, brocolli and Sweetcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Is it a disgrace to deep fry them in batter? I have done in the past and it is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Degag wrote: »
    Is it a disgrace to deep fry them in batter? I have done in the past and it is fantastic.

Battering fish is a great way to cook it - the batter protects the fish.
    If cooked right it can be great!

Advertisement