Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox network with airport extreme for dummies

• 06-10-2009 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help me with the above. In this case I am the dummy and to be honest I havent a bloody clue about getting our xbox 360 to connect to our network. I have two younger brothers who know even less and hence I am the one who had ended up here trying to find a solution if one exists.

As it stands we have an airport extreme as our router and our computers connect wirelessly to that. Least I think that is what we have done and it seems to work. However a few times I have tried to get the xbox to connect to the home network I have failed. The message on screen says, test failed, turn router off and wait 30 seconds, have you restarted your modem.

I have inputted the WPA2 password in to the network settings etc and basically after that I am stumped. If anyone can give me any ideas what to do or where I might be going wrong it would be much appreciated. These lads are dying to give the xbox live a right go

Cheers

Michael

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭shanec1928

is your firewall on your internet set too low?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Tipperarymike

I am not even sure I know how to reply to this! I did read on some thread on a google search that the airport and the xbox were not compatible. Is this still an issue I wonder? As for the firewall I swear to god I dont know how low is too low!

Cheers for the reply forza

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I am not even sure I know how to reply to this! I did read on some thread on a google search that the airport and the xbox were not compatible. Is this still an issue I wonder? As for the firewall I swear to god I dont know how low is too low!

Cheers for the reply forza

some firewall's when you going in to fiddle with the options they might have a sliding scale like basically "high" "medium" and "low" - default is often high so could be the issue - but hard to say - check the links above googling "airport extreme and xbox live" has a lot of hits - with people who've had the problem so might be alot more help there.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Tipperarymike

a mill for the help Mayor. I shall get on the case and see if I can luck myself through this.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭techie

I don't think the Xbox360 supports WPA2, change the router to WPA and that should work.

Advertisement