Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making house air tight - final touches?

• 06-10-2009 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

I am at the stage where the plasterers are finished and the plumbers and electricians are at 2nd fix. I am endeavouring to make the house as air tight as possible so I am looking at sealing up all possible sources of air leakage.

There are the standard ones where pipes are going out of the house and I was going to use expanding foam to seal these.

Other places that I am going to seal is the perimeter of the house where the dry lining meets the floor and again I was going to use expanding foam to seal these.

The last place that I was looking to seal was the electric sockets - the cables for the sockets are in conduit in chases in the walls (internal walls where possible). I was thinking of putting some mastic or similar product into the bottom of the conduit where the wire comes out of the conduit.

I will be having a 2nd (had a preliminary one once the scratch coat was completed) air tightness test so this will show up any issues but I'd like to eliminate as many issues as possible before the test.

Are there any obvious places that I've missed? Does anyone have recommendations about what products to use?

Comments

Advertisement