Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steven Reid is out again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭ollaetta

It's a shame that he's so injury prone. He's played only 30 or so games in the last 3 seasons and you would have to wonder if he will ever get a proper injury free spell at this stage. He'll be 29 next birthday and it isn't going to get any easier for him. A real pity as Trap could badly do with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I'd say it was more Blackburn's decision than anything else,

Blackburn have been patient with Reid and have been nursing him back to a state of fitness again. It would have been disrespectfull and very very desperate for Trap to throw a player with 60 minutes gametime (league cup) into a vital World Cup qualifier.

Whatever people think of Whelan and Andrews, there is no way at this point in time that Reid would be a better option than either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's an easy line-up to predict now thanks to the injuries.

Given

Kilbane
    St Ledger
    Dunne
    O'Shea

McGeady
    Whelan
    Andrews
    Hunt

Doyle
    Keane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

No Finnan???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i hate to say it, but we're unlikely to see Steven Reid again at this stage.

i've lost all hope.

he could have been an immense player for us through the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

SlickRic wrote: »
    i hate to say it, but we're unlikely to see Steven Reid again at this stage.

i've lost all hope.

he could have been an immense player for us through the years.

Keep the Faith!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Thats it folks. He's done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

In fairness we never really expected to have Steven Reid for this game anyway, and I doubt very much Trap would have used him given his lack of match practise.

The real p1sser is Duff being injured again. I've never seen a player so prone to injuries. Are his legs made of glass or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

Reid just peaked up a minor achilles tweak.
    You have to expect that from someone coming back from injury.
    He'll be ready for 90 mins in the play-offs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Would love to see Reid fit for the WC should we qualify. I think he has something that we miss in the midfield and when he is on form is as good as most in the second tier of the prem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

He was always going to struggle to make thse qualifiers, it's just a minor setback

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement