Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JAVA - Flash cards

Options
  • 06-10-2009 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

I'm coding a pretty large-scale Irish language suite application in JAva for my 4th year project, and I'm trying to save time where possible due to the mass amount of information I need to collect.

One section of the application is going to use graphical based flash cards to introduce new elements of the language to the users, and then test them after the section via the flash-card.

Is there anything inherent to Java or even Netbeans templates that will allow easy creation of Flashcards, or will I have to code from scratch? Not that I won't be capable, just that it will save me a bit of time.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

How about JavaFX? Flashcard example app

SDK: http://javafx.com/

Little bit of a learning curve as the syntax is quite different, however I have done a little bit of messing around with it seems relatively easy to use. I am not sure it has really taken off, although RIA development it is not an area I really keep up to date with much anyway. It can be integrated easily with netbeans via a plugin.

Unfortunately as I haven't a creative bone in my body I am doomed to a life of backend servitude :).

Advertisement