Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with my corn snake!

• 06-10-2009 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey everyone!

i just got a corn snake today! i handled it in the pet shop and it was fine (even reached in and grabbed it no prob)
    But then i got it home... and put it into a 3ft tank
    around half an hour from putting it in the tank i went to reach in (to fill its water bowl) and it wen mad trying to destroy me lol :/
    now if i even walk past the tank it rattles its tail and lunges at the glass!
    if i try to handle it it almost sidewinds around the tank trying to bite me.
    i own two other snakes (pythons)
    and have never had a problem like this. im not afraid of the cornsnake bite because i know its just a pinch ( i also have gloves lol), but im afraid that if i dont nip this problem now it could (when its older) hurt friends/fam etc.

id really apreciate any help with this because frankly it sucks :/:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

vulkan wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

i just got a corn snake today! i handled it in the pet shop and it was fine (even reached in and grabbed it no prob)
    But then i got it home... and put it into a 3ft tank
    around half an hour from putting it in the tank i went to reach in (to fill its water bowl) and it wen mad trying to destroy me lol :/
    now if i even walk past the tank it rattles its tail and lunges at the glass!
    if i try to handle it it almost sidewinds around the tank trying to bite me.
    i own two other snakes (pythons)
    and have never had a problem like this. im not afraid of the cornsnake bite because i know its just a pinch ( i also have gloves lol), but im afraid that if i dont nip this problem now it could (when its older) hurt friends/fam etc.

id really apreciate any help with this because frankly it sucks :/:(

I had one for many years nice snake and they do grow quick. I would say at a guess with all moving around from the Petshop to new surroundings its probably stressed out basically protecting itself and iit will take a while to get use to its new surroundings. Id give a it a couple of days and should be fine by thursday. I had the opposite problem, it was fine to pick up once i got home but after a few years it didnt like being picked up. I only remember it ever try to bite me once in all my time. I wouldnt starting showing it either to all your friends and family just yet with its current state, best to leave it alone to try settle down for the moment.

Thats my two sence, i am sure someone here will offer you more and even better advice.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 vulkan

Thanks for your reply!
    i hope so!!! do you think i shouldnt handle it untill around thursday/friday?

hows your"s behaving now? hopefuly it blows over the petshop owner assured me it was a great tempred snake and hes never been wrong with anything iv bought before. i supose the move could have been stressfull

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

vulkan wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply!
    i hope so!!! do you think i shouldnt handle it untill around thursday/friday?

hows your"s behaving now? hopefuly it blows over the petshop owner assured me it was a great tempred snake and hes never been wrong with anything iv bought before. i supose the move could have been stressfull

:)

Id wait a few days before you attempt to pick up again, maybe thursday afternoon or evening as i said its probably stressed from moving and all noise so its striking at anything. I had a mine a good few years and it stopped eating altogether. I brought it to a vet and back to the Petshop and they took it for a while but no one knew what it was wrong and it died shortly after bringing back home which i presume was down to not eating, it lost so much wait in a the time as well.

Good luck. As i said hopefully some here with alot more experience can offer you better advice if it continues but i would guess after a couple of days it should be Ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 vulkan

aw sorry to hear that i had a ball python that did that!
    anyways thanks alot for the help!!!
    all the best :)

Advertisement