Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo of the week - Week #14 :: 21st to 27th September, 2009

• 06-10-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

man vs bird

<Image Removed - Copyright Violation>

By: Pint

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

and well deserved too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭f3qh5g0z6vc7ob

That is beautiful :)

Well deserved + 1

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Brndn

Cracking shot, well deserved winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Belter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Have to say I love this photo. Fantastic stuff indeed. Well done pint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

This is one of the best photos I have seen anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Pacha

Ah yes, I liked this when i frst saw it.

Nice one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Pint

Thank you all so much for your comments and thanks. I'm humbled ... :)

I took this photo in Christmas 2003. I had dreamt about this moment as a boy having seen photos of the Sri Lankan stilt fisherman in an old encylopedia. It's a moment I'll never forget and an image that remains with me even more so as exactly a year later the Tsunami struck leaving devastation along this exposed coastline. I can only hope that those old men of the sea survived.

Taken with a D100+ 70-200 f2.8 with an ISO 200 and shutter speed 1/2000 second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Pacha

Pint wrote: »
    I had dreamt about this moment as a boy having seen photos of the Sri Lankan stilt fisherman in an old encylopedia.
    I think I know the ones you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

Pint wrote: »
    I took this photo in Christmas 2003. I had dreamt about this moment as a boy having seen photos of the Sri Lankan stilt fisherman in an old encylopedia. It's a moment I'll never forget and an image that remains with me even more so as exactly a year later the Tsunami struck leaving devastation along this exposed coastline.

I was shocked when I saw this picture in a national newspaper here in New Zealand after seeing your picture. Did you take this one too? They are so similar, must be the same scene?

214AB9D9CA644F4BA4B3C0CA394A5E99-800.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Pint

Very similar indeed, nice find... but no I didn't take that. If the description's right that photo was taken on Wednesday whereas mine was taken way back in '03 but who knows, it could very well be the same fisherman :)

Advertisement