Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lactose Intolerance - Lactaid, digestive advantage, mini-rant :(

• 06-10-2009 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

*sigh*

Since not being diagnosed by a gasterointrologist who checked for everything else (coeliac, chrons etc) and took a lot of money for doing so, I've since worked out that I'm lactose intolerant. Fairly simple (no lactose and no symptoms, lactose and symptoms) but leaves me angry at the doc who seems to be a moron to have missed the blindingly obvious (yet tested for coeliac disease which I'm told has pretty much identical symptoms?!).

Anyway, after figuring out that the reason I was constantly sick and very often in a lot of pain, I mostly cut out dairy (still continuted eating some cheese etc as I'm ok with that amount) and symptoms pretty much disappeared. BUT I seem to be getting more and more sensitive... Is this usual? :(

I found lactaid this summer and it was working ok but as I said, I'm getting more and more sensitive and found myself needing to take 2 tablets just to eat something with a mild amount of dairy in it, and even at that a salad dressing set me off after taking THREE tablets. In fact, a marinara sauce made me sick (later found out there was a small amount of cheese in it)

So then I switched to a probiotic thing called digestive advantage, which is a one a day jobby and has so far been working rather nicely. I'm just really worried that I'm continuing to get more and mroe sensitive. Does anyone have any experience with digestive advantage?

I miss dairy... all my favourite foods are dairy based :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭KiLLeR CoUCh

I have no practical advice but I just wanted to let you know I feel for you! I've had one or two friends who were lactose intollerant, for one of them their sensitivity to milk products did change, sometimes she could eat an entire pizza, other times she would be ill from a small amount of yoghurt, so you're not alone. Best of luck

Advertisement