Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Television extra?????

Options
  • 06-10-2009 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi I'm a college student and I am interested in tv work. Does anyone know where I could apply to be a tv extra or advertisement actor or something along those lines?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 WinnieWhinefar

that is where you can apply for a part in fair city

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

hope you aspire to something higher than fair city. Do some proper acting work such as theatre. you will learn more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

poteen wrote: »
    hope you aspire to something higher than fair city. Do some proper acting work such as theatre. you will learn more

Hmm... I see a pattern to your posting... why don't you troll some other forum that aspires to your 'lofty' position on arts, or are you just bitter from experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Why dont you stop sterotyping me as something Im not. I just think that someone who aspires to TV might benefit with some stage work first. Standing in background ofa shot filmed in McCoys wont do a whole pile for your career. But on the other hand if its just to be spotted on TV you want then go for it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Folks, please cool it with the bickering. If there is an issue with a post, please hit the "report post" triangle and it will alert the mods.

Poteen does have a point. Working as an extra isnt really much of a stepping stone into acting. Sure it gets you out on set but the demands of being an actor doesnt offer you any real acting experience.

OP, you would be better off starting off by joining a drama group (Boards has its own drama group btw) and start with workshops and amateur productions. Build up an acting CV for yourself.

If you still want to be an extra, there are a few sites where you can register. But like I say, its of no real benefit. As for acting in ads they tend to go with actors with a bit more experience. Register yourself in Filmbase.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Eil2

Check out movieextras. Think it cost about €60 annually but you will be informed of all up and coming work for extras for television, film and advertisments.

Go n-eiri leat leis!!

Advertisement