Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiment for spurs players fan mail.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

well no response yet but have a feeling they couldn't read my handwriting on the letter i was in a rush so it was a proper scrawl i think i'll repost tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I would have expected a few responses if they were done 20yrs ago.

These days (sadly) I'd be amazed if any reply.

Football is a pretty cold industry these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

When I was a kid, I constantly wrote to the club telling them I was doing a project about the history of THFC, they always sent me stuff in fairness. I was delighted with meself. Little posters and booklets about the clubs history and our great players.
    Think its all in me Mams attic now.

But Dub Spur is right, how things have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

it saddens me a bit tbh. I mean if i was in a position to have fans had anyone send me fanmail i would go out of my way to reply. I guess you could claim every club would be the same. It just really goes to show how sound sorrenson (spelling?) from stoke is after he sent back gloves and a personal letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Gloves with a personal letter!! What a legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya and IIRC it had like a couple of gramatical and formating errors so it was more then likely him who typed it up cause an assistant wouldn't make that kind of mistake.

A true hero I always keep my eye on him now since that.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

I just dropped in hoping someone had some joy. Im not hoping for myself anymore I just want one person to get a letter so that I feel at least one spurs player gave up some of his time to reply to a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i officially am not expectin a reply anymore.
    un officially im still hopefull!! ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

keane=cock wrote: »
    i officially am not expectin a reply anymore.
    un officially im still hopefull!! ha ha

they are in a world of there own.

i'd imagine if i was robbie keane and captain of the team i would get a bit bored of hanging around with the mascot , but if the mascot was irish and his dad from the same place you'd grown up , you'd expect a bit of conversation out of him.

anyone write to bentley - he was the only one happy enough to chat in the dressing room (prob since no one else was talking to him)

Advertisement