Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New electric steamer

Options
  • 06-10-2009 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

So I have by chance come into possession of an electric food steamer. 3 tiered yoke altho I wont have it til friday. Seems like a great way to finally start cooking regularly. Apparently it can cook potatoes veg and some meats all at once.

So has anyone used one of these before? Im looking for cooking tips and tricks. ie how long to cook each item for, how to tell if its done, Can i put different items in at different times? Basically any info you have that will help me get started. Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

think how they are generally used is as follows;

Steam some potatoes and broccoli in it 3 times over 4 days then put in the back of a cupboard for 5 years and then give to a charity shop.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I have one and it gets used every so often. I have started to use it more frequently as I'm not that much of a cook and it's easy. I put alll the veg in at the same time and bang in on for close to an hour. Grand job.

That being said I wonder how long I'll use it fo and then put it back in the press!

Advertisement