Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Nav with bluetooth

Options
  • 06-10-2009 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Does anybody have a suggestion for a Sat Nav that will work well with an N82 as a bluetooth handsfree. Im new to the area so I dont know if there is models I should avoid or that work particularly well as a handsfree as that will probably be its main use. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

cooperguy wrote: »
    Does anybody have a suggestion for a Sat Nav that will work well with an N82 as a bluetooth handsfree. Im new to the area so I dont know if there is models I should avoid or that work particularly well as a handsfree as that will probably be its main use. Thanks!

I use TT730 with a 5800 ...... bluetooth sound is great but a bug in it with 5800 which needs re-pairing every time. I was using a 6332 with it with no probs at all so wouldnt be sure about N82. Try googling it. I can vouch for quality though

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'm assuming that that model doesn't have built-in GPS so you need an external source for navigation or location based apps. In generic terms what you need is you a bluetooth GPS receiver, the portable ones are the size of a matchbox, popular brands are Holux and Globalsat, most of the electronic mail order companies sell them..

These are models that I have tested and they're pretty good, you charge them off a PC with a regular USB cable.

Holux 1000b

This one is the exact size of a matchbox and has the advantage of using a Nokia mobile phone battery under a sliding battery cover which means it will be easy to replace and you can carry a spare on holidays. It's main downside is that there is no timeout so if you switch off your phone or shutdown the mapping application the receiver will continue to churn out navigation data until the battery runs down. Claimed battery life is 23 hours.

http://www.holux.com/JCore/en/products/products_content.jsp?pno=223

Globalsat BT368i

This one is slimmer and is a real beauty. It's a sealed unit so when the battery eventually wears out you toss it in the bin, 10 minute timeout means that it switches off after 10 minutes if nobody is listening. Claimed battery life is 10 hours.

http://www.usglobalsat.com/p-537-bt-368i.aspx

Advertisement