Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the cheapest place to buy a twin shower pump?

Options
  • 06-10-2009 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

The shower pump is on the way out (loosing pressure and slow to pump hot+cold) wheres the best place to get these? It needs to be about 3-4 Bar twin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

3 bar best of luck cheaply I know 2 places that does the monsoon 3 bar or 4 bar cheaply. PM me if your interested but note you will pay aound 600 + vat

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BRM

600 + VAT Is that NAMA prices? No wonder the building trade is the way it is here :rolleyes: Ive spotted a few on ebay.uk going for almost half that !

BRM wrote: »
    600 + VAT Is that NAMA prices? No wonder the building trade is the way it is here :rolleyes: Ive spotted a few on ebay.uk going for almost half that !

Well then you dont need us after all! :P

http://cgi.ebay.ie/New-Home-of-Ultra-PR100D-3-0-Bar-Shower-Pump-AW303_W0QQitemZ380138718867QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK

Link to a no name pump on ebay. Nama prices indeed. You should do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

You could get the pump re-conditioned or if your handy in anyway you could fix it your self. Modern Plant on longmile road have parts for Monsoon pumps. It could be the impellor which depending on the pumps start at €11. You'd be surprised what a little bit of dirt can do to a pump impellor....

Re-conditioning a pump can cost around €150....

Stuart&Turner were taken over by Grunfos and they have a 3 year warranty on their pumps....

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BRM

mad m wrote: »
    You could get the pump re-conditioned or if your handy in anyway you could fix it your self. Modern Plant on longmile road have parts for Monsoon pumps. It could be the impellor which depending on the pumps start at €11. You'd be surprised what a little bit of dirt can do to a pump impellor....

Re-conditioning a pump can cost around €150....

Stuart&Turner were taken over by Grunfos and they have a 3 year warranty on their pumps....

That’s more like the kind of advice I wanted to hear thanks.

The ebay item I linked to was

Item number:110400825432

A Stuart & Turner Monsoon 4 Bar Twin Shower pump for 320 sterling delivered hardly a no name pump ;)

Whenever I hear + the VAT in the quote price I immediately think typical builder talk :pac:

• Advertisement

BRM wrote: »
    That’s more like the kind of advice I wanted to hear thanks.

The ebay item I linked to was

Item number:110400825432

A Stuart & Turner Monsoon 4 Bar Twin Shower pump for 320 sterling delivered hardly a no name pump ;)

Whenever I hear + the VAT in the quote price I immediately think typical builder talk :pac:

Amazing. You typically know nothing. Buy it from the uk. best of luck. I will see you problem solving here in a couple of weeks. Price around if you dont believe me.

1. Modern plant. The agents in ireland!

2. DPL one of the biggest sellers.

3. Chadwicks.

I knew that price because I imported them for sites and had not got a calculator to hand to give you the inclusive price.

But honestly. I find your attitude amazing. You come on looking for advice are critical of it and then discover the answer yourself.

But like i say. Buy it from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I bought a s/h stuart Turner 3 bar twin pump on ebay and it has been running very nicely for a couple years now. The flexible anti-vibration connectors it came with did not fit Ireland's wonderfully anti competitive pipe sizes but with a handful of UK and Irish quick fit connectors and some swapping of O rings from one to tuther I got it fitted and working nicely.

Cost me about £240 including postage.

http://www.pumpsdirect2u.com/shower-pumps-28/positive-head-shower-pumps-159/monsoon-3-bar-

You will have to forgive me my costings on the monsoon 3 bar brass bodied pump. I quoted 600+vat. It seems it cost dearer.(In england)

The same type no brand pump costing simular money in the cheapest place in ireland
    http://www.pulsar.ie/plumbing-supplies/ProductDetail.asp?ProductSubId=81&ProductCatId=380&ProductCode=454-1003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Ideal Plumbing Supplies in the uk supplied a stewart turner monsoon 2.5 bar twin head pump to me last week for €280. The cheapest identical pump that i could find in the 3 hardwares that I priced was €380 plus VAT.

Why buy a no brand pump when you can have the best on the market for the same price. It pays to shop around.

Advertisement