Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form 11 help please?

Options
  • 06-10-2009 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

My dad passed away in july 2008.

He always filed the tax returns. (self assessment form 11 for his and my moms pensions from england and america, they both worked there).

I am now trying to complete the tax return for this year but am a bit confused:
    • My late Father was the primary assessable spouse, do i still file under his pps no. (he died half way through the year)?
    • My Mother was given a new pps number recently as her original one (the one she had in 2008) was just my fathers number with a W after it. which one do I use?
    • My Father's pensions obviously stopped in July, but my Mother's payments increased as she got the widows pension. How do I handle this? Will i just lump all payments together for each?
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kerah86

1) Yep you still file it under your fathers number

2) use your mothers new pps number

3) There is a section for both your father and your mothers income on the F11.

Hope that helps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bubblicious

As far as I know, there's a section at the top of page 2, in which you can enter details for a deceased person. That should cover most of your issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭wondering

thanks for the replies.

Im probably making things too complicated.

Is there any need to send supporting documentation? Do they need a death cert? I think i sent one last oct.

no you dont need to send anythin extra with the return, anythin extra thats needed will be requested

Just one more question.

I send in the form 11 last year, delivered it by hand, but when I asked for a receipt the security guard that was taking them said they didnt give them.

Still havent heard from revenue, new to this business so whats the story?

Also for foreign currencies can i just use the currency conversion rate (xe.com)on the day i file the return?

• Advertisement

nah they generally dont give receipts at d desk but you definately should have got your notice of assessment out by now...you should probably ring your local office and find out what the story is...and yea just use the conversion rate on the day your submitting the form

Thanks for the help...:)

no bother, if ya need any help filling in d actual form feel free ta pm me! :)

Got a Pay and File Payment Reminder in the post today.
    Anything to worry about? What do I do with it?

It has a payslip down the bottom??? I thought they get back to you first, with the amount that is owed and then you pay it?

Do I just fill it out with 00.00 euros?...clueless

the pay and file reminder is for preliminary tax for next year, dont worry about it, jus mark it NIL and return it to the Collector Generals

• Advertisement

thanks again

Advertisement