Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia e51 bluetooth problem

• 06-10-2009 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭

Hi lve been trying for a few days but l cant get connecting to the bluetooth in my car.

in the bluetooth section l have bluetooth on and remote sim on
    my phones name is the same as my old e51 which worked in the car.
    the guy who fitted the bluetooth in the car connecting the old e51 to it.
    am l doing something wrong?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you the phones visibility set to 'shown to all' ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

yea i have the phones visibity set shown to all could that be a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

you need to pair the two devices, even though theyarethe same name they have diffrent profiles. you normaly press and hold one of the keys on the bluetooth (if you are unsure google the name and model number to find theinstruction booklet) to put into discover mode and then you look for a new device on you phone under the bluetooth section

tonyj_mc wrote: »
    you need to pair the two devices, even though theyarethe same name they have diffrent profiles. you normaly press and hold one of the keys on the bluetooth (if you are unsure google the name and model number to find theinstruction booklet) to put into discover mode and then you look for a new device on you phone under the bluetooth section

thanks for the replys lads.

i googled the make nokia ck-7w and it says the code is 0000

but i cant figure out where u put the code in.

its very frustrating :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tiger-Lily

When your car is on you need to go to the connectivity then bluetooth on your phone. Then if you press the right side of the square button in the middle of the phone it should bring you to paired devices.
    Search for a new device then select the CK-7w that will appear.
    It will then ask you for the code. You should also get a message that asks if you want to allow automatic pairing and choose yes here.

Before you do all this take the battery out of the bak of your phone and turn it back on to reset it and to reset the kit : while your car is off press and hold the middle of the button of the kit until you hear a beep.

This way you are starting from scratch with both

• Advertisement

Tiger-Lily wrote: »
    When your car is on you need to go to the connectivity then bluetooth on your phone. Then if you press the right side of the square button in the middle of the phone it should bring you to paired devices.
    Search for a new device then select the CK-7w that will appear.
    It will then ask you for the code. You should also get a message that asks if you want to allow automatic pairing and choose yes here.

Before you do all this take the battery out of the bak of your phone and turn it back on to reset it and to reset the kit : while your car is off press and hold the middle of the button of the kit until you hear a beep.

This way you are starting from scratch with both

Bingo got it sorted..easy now when u know how.
    thanks all for the help the cheques are in the post ;)

Advertisement