Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To fringe or not to fringe?

• 06-10-2009 10:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭

Ok so age old question..

Ive just past the shoulder length hair (in the process of growing it out) so wanna shake up my style a lil while I do this and the only way I can think of doing this is with a fringe.

Ive quite a long face so dont know if itll suit my face shape etc (and dont trust asking my hairdresser cuz theyve given me some fairly dodge hairstyles in the past and told me im faaaabulous :s )

Im thinkin somethin like this: I hate blunt fringes, and short fringes.
    Any opinions, yay or nay?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

How about more a side fringe/angled fringe as a long blunt fringe may make your face look longer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Ive had lots of side fringes over the years, and kinda wanted somethin a bit edgier.. I know what ya mean tho, hence the thread :) thanks

Ah sure, feck it! Get it done and see how it goes. It will grow anyways. I didn't know whether a fringe would suit me as I've a high forehead but it was one of the best things I've done with my hair (that and colouring it red). :)

DO IT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Fringe shortens a long face. Really suits a high forehead as it hides it. I know a girl with a low forehead who got blunt fringe and it was terrible - her head just looked flat!!!

I would actually say that the pic you attached is of a blunt fringe but a little long and not ironed flat.

If you don't like it you can push it to the side to grow out. It will look like a side fringe then.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 RubyLamb

Every year or so I decide to get a fringe, its a change and it makes you look completely different! If you get a long fringe like this, you can always clip it back if you don't like it and it'll grow out in no time. Bear in mind though, it'll take a little longer to do your hair in the mornings!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Pinky Pixie

A friend of mine got one quite similar to your picture of Jlo. It looked gorgeous. She has a darkish brown hair colour so it gave her face a lovely shape.

This is the best picture to match the kind she has...

liv-fringe.jpg

I say go for it. If you think it will suit you it more than likely will, you just need a little push

I do kinda have a high forehead so thats kinda why I was thinking of it... Without a fringe I feel my face drags, especially seeing as I prefer having long hair.
    Love the pic there pinkypixie, id like something on that vein maybe a lil longer than that (only slightly obv) and a lil less blunt... As I said kinda want it to look a lil messy/edgy rather than styled
    What the hell will I ask the hairdresser for??

Bring a picture in!

Ive done that before... Youd be amazed the difference in what you see and what a hairdresser sees! :O

Guess its the only thing for it tho, thanks guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Definitely go for it! I have a fringe and it hides my fivehead! If you don't like it, you can just push it to the side but I'd say it'll look great 'cause fringes usually suit longer faces.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

If your in Dublin get a fake fringe from Hairspray to try it out

orla wrote: »

How do they work? Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I've had a fringe a couple of times - think they look great, but they are difficult to maintain if your hair is fine in texture. I don't think I'll get one again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Go for the fringe. You can always pin it back when it wrecks your head:) Literally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Pinky Pixie

orla wrote: »

Heehee do you actually have one? I tried one on before for the craic looks like something a bald man would wear :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Dudess wrote: »
    I've had a fringe a couple of times - think they look great, but they are difficult to maintain if your hair is fine in texture. I don't think I'll get one again.
    Yeah took me a few goes to realise it's because my hair is so fine. Still, I've got the hang of the ol' volumising mousse and hairdryer, might go for one next time I'm getting a trim :)

Advertisement