Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holster/ gear advice

Options
  • 06-10-2009 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

I really need some advice about some tac gear in general and holsters.

Just got a Pantac fully adjustable holster today and I'm finding it very awkward. Its a chore getting a pistol in and out of it with any sort of speed. The slide tend to get snagged on the way back in, cocking the GBB with an already loaded chamber. The leg straps I can't tighten enough and I'd be a fairly big build. Also the Pantac duty belt I got to go with it can just about get around me and have 32'' waist and its the standard size.

Just looking for a good no nonsense holster that can hold anything from a KJW P226 to a little USP Compact or Glock 19. Right now I'm thinking a cross draw vest style as these drop legs do not appear to be all they are cracked up to be.

After that I'm looking for a good 2 point sling mainly for the AUG and SA80, I just don't know what ones to go for and what ones can hold the weight of a 5kg SA80 for an all day session. Currently the only sling I have is one I got with the AGM M4 GBB and I have it on my AUG but I don't have much faith in it or the clips.

I don't mind a bit of gucci tac gear if need be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

I use this sling for my AUG, it's a replica of the real one apparently and does fine.

However, I'd like this swanky one someday.

Plenty of people seem to swear by the real-deal SA-80 sling.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

When it come to holster, can't beat a good serpa. See below and previous thread. From experience, cross chest is not good with the Glocks. If you are lying down, you may accidential put pressure on the mag release and bye bye mag. I know you can get those velcro straps for the grip if that what you are into...

For serpa, the following:
    KJW M9 fits,
    KJW Sig229 fits,
    KSC USP .45 fits,
    Socom MEU fits,
    KSC Glock 19 fits,
    KJW Para-Ord 14 sort of fitsredface.gif
    TM USP AEP not way it will ever fitsmad.gif

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055686256
    (half way down the page)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Plenty of people seem to swear by the real-deal SA-80 sling.

Cheers for that, didn't know they did surplus slings.

I have been looking for the MilForce Aug/SA80 sling for a while but its out of stock everywhere online.

I'll check out the serpa aswell, I was under the impression they had custom molded holsters for set pistol frame sizes.

Starting to think now that I had by existing belt and holster all every which way and did not notice the extra material loops with the adjustments buckles.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

Captain C, you are right, the Serpa does come molded for set pistol frame sizes. Sorry I didn't make myself clear enough. What I meant was that I have the specific holsters for the various pistols, and some of the pistols fits perfectly, some don't due to the variance in dimension between airsoft and real steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭T.C.

As for a vest with a cross-draw, I'd recommend manually checking the vest first. I have a decent enough vest (not molle, but with permanently attached pockets) and the holster that is attached is quite small, and not suitable for medium-frame autos really.

Luckily, I'm looking to carry one of my Detonics Combatmasters, so it works out for me... :D

As for holsters, I'm now building a bloody collection; i have a Fobus to fit Colt autos, a moulded leather one for Glocks, a drop-leg that'll fit most things, a pancake belt holster which also fits most things, a vertical draw shoulder holster ... etc etc :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

A serpa is a very nice holster indeed.

You can have to attached to a molle vest, vest, looped through your belt, or attached to a very comfortable and sturdy drop leg platform.

Conventional drop legs are big, cumbersome, have way to much movement and are jsut not secure.

Most droplegs can have the leg attachements removed,and you can loop them through a belt, thats the only way I'd use a conventional dropleg with all its velcrow goodness.

I'm currently using a very nice shoulder holster bought of ebay and its the business. But if I need something on a drop leg panel or a belt, serpas are the only option.

Advertisement