Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WhereTo? - Bus/Train Timetable application for your phone!

• 06-10-2009 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I've created a bus/train timetable application for myself and my friends and decided to expand on it so that one can easily be made for any area in Dublin (for now!).

I call it Where To? as that's the first thing it asks you when you run it. It gives you the next few times so that you don't have to search through lists and it's free to use once you have the application downloaded so better than bus texts! ;)

I designed this for ease of use so you can find out the next departure times for a particular service with only 2 clicks.

As well as being useful for checking the next departures, you can set a day of the week and time to plan ahead, and set the number of times that are displayed. Try it out and let me know what you think!

Have a look at the website I threw together for it: WhereTo?

Instructions are there for downloading the current editions or use the contact form if you'd like to ask for another one to be made.

Cheers,
    DM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

the maynooth one doesn't load - "Error this edition is currently not available" why have it listed if it's not available?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

00sully wrote: »
    the maynooth one doesn't load - "Error this edition is currently not available" why have it listed if it's not available?
    Sorry, I just added that one last night, works now!

Just added Greystones aswel. Train and 184.

I added the 84 to Greystones edition.

Also added Glasnevin service - 11A, 11B, 19, 19A

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cf_al_bs

I like the idea.
    If you really want the number of routes expanded quickly you should open up the source code. I'd recommend GitHub and let people add routes themselves. Reduces the burden on yourself to keep it all up to date.

• Advertisement

cf_al_bs wrote: »
    I like the idea.
    If you really want the number of routes expanded quickly you should open up the source code. I'd recommend GitHub and let people add routes themselves. Reduces the burden on yourself to keep it all up to date.
    There's not much trouble compiling the different editions and it's not necessary to release the source code just to create a new one.

BTW, I've just added Santry.

Nice idea to get an app like this on a mobile.
    I've used http://justroutes.com/ a bit in the past and found that extremely useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cf_al_bs

M450 wrote: »
    There's not much trouble compiling the different editions and it's not necessary to release the source code just to create a new one.

BTW, I've just added Santry.

I just mean that others would be willing to add routes/editions.

2010 Maynooth line timetables added

Advertisement