Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wife caught by gatso van

• 06-10-2009 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

:mad:i got a summons in the post today for doing 107kph in a 60kph but it wasn't me was driving the wife was driving do i send back the summons with the wifes details and leave them re-send it back to her or can she fill in the form with her details.

or better still is there a way of getting out of this alltogether:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

wasn't to sure where to stick it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I'm pretty sure you MUST return it with the details of the driver - it should state this on it - if you are not the actual driver please send the details of he driver you nominate as the driver of the vehicle at the time (or something like that)

this WAS a loophole several years ago - people would claim they were not the driver - however the courts eventually got tired of sooooo many cases appearing where the person summonsed claimed they were not the driver.

just a suggestion - but if she was caught speeding, she should pay the fine, if she's 100% that she didnt speed and can somehow prove it then she should consider appealing (but beware of the possibilities if unsuccessful in the appeal)

I have not been caught by a gatso van, but have been caught by "the Hairdryer" gardai , and several years later my points have been removed.... such is the money making scheme that they have....tell the missus...pay the fine accept the points and keep an eye out when driving in future (for gatso vans, hairdryer gardai and her speedometer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

lucky-colm wrote: »
    wasn't to sure where to stick it

lolz

give her details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

PCPhoto wrote: »
    tell the missus...pay the fine accept the points and keep an eye out when driving in future (for gatso vans, hairdryer gardai and her speedometer)
    To hell with that. Let her get the points, or she'll be driving you around after you get banned due to her speeding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Get her to sign saying that she was driving. You don't have to take the points if you weren't driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

thanks guys i see on the back of the form a section i can fill in and give her name as the driver at the time. so it seems that she will get the points and the fine:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

lucky-colm wrote: »
    thanks guys i see on the back of the form a section i can fill in and give her name as the driver at the time. so it seems that she will get the points and the fine:D

Yes Colm reverse of the FCPS notice has a place for you to nominate the driver on the day. Failure to do so is an offence under Section 107 of the Road Traffic Act 1961-06.

Just fill it in, send it off to Thurles and they will re issue the FCPS for your wife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Yes Colm reverse of the FCPS notice has a place for you to nominate the driver on the day. Failure to do so is an offence under Section 107 of the Road Traffic Act 1961-06.

Just fill it in, send it off to Thurles and they will re issue the FCPS for your wife.

Is it not just a case of filling out the section for when the registered owner is not the driver. It is on the second page about 3/4 way down. You will need her licence number and signature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Is it not just a case of filling out the section for when the registered owner is not the driver. It is on the second page about 3/4 way down. You will need her licence number and signature.

To be honest im not 100% sure. If the name etc is wrong it must be sent back. Maybe you can just nominate and pay.

O/P read the back of the notice and see what it says.

• Advertisement
Advertisement