Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

houses to let in dundalk

Options
  • 07-10-2009 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

I'm gonna be moving yet again soon and I was wondering if anyone knows anyone who has 2 - 3 bedroom houses to let in dundalk? preferably at a low price of 400 euros a month or under?

Thank you
    God bless
    Stephentlig
    housetoletDM2810_468x428.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

have a friend with a place in dundalk ..... dunno if he'd rent it for 400 tho....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

€400 seems a bit low to be honest. A lot starts at €500. All depending on the location in Dundalk though.

Have you tried daft. Theres always a good few on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Yes location plays a big part in it I must admit. and some private owners can be downright nasty to you over the phone, my sister rang up one gentleman ( if you could give him such a title ) who was at 575, she said "it would be great if you could move to 500," he replied in a very sarcastic voice, ''Go get one thats at 500 hundred then.''

You'd think with the budget cuts coming in december, and wages, Social welfare, etc etc that Landlords would be bringing it down as its the house market thats getting really hammered in this recession.

the government expect to cut the budget yet again and request that we pay water charges and house taxes. Lets cut their wages thats what I say and leave the poor out of this. I've also noticed t.v licence men showing their face more often now than greedy bankers. *end of ramble* :D

Presumably one may feel that I am being too stingy with the 400 but it's sincerely about all I can afford at the moment. I have seen houses at 400, but such a sighting is a rare occasion, and the houses are often taken before I get to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

From looking at Daft there isn't much available and it seems to be €480 upwards.

You might be better off looking in the local papers like The Argus or the Democrat.

As for that landlord, forget about him. If he isn't willing to at least negotiate a bit why would you want him for a landlord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Insurgent wrote: »
    From looking at Daft there isn't much available and it seems to be €480 upwards.

You might be better off looking in the local papers like The Argus or the Democrat.

As for that landlord, forget about him. If he isn't willing to at least negotiate a bit why would you want him for a landlord.

Yeah thats exactly what I thought on instant of hearing how he responded.

Papers such as the argus seem like my best bet. It just pains me sometimes to see that they never give a price with their add in the paper and it forces me to phone and waste credit just to hear the words ''E700 a month.'' :rolleyes:

Also when they hear the words ''rent allowance'' you can almost feel their fear over the phone. I wondered why, but it wasnt long before someone told me that people with rent allowance are usually predicted as trouble makers by landlords, either that or the landlords are trying to avoid the Taxman. :eek::D

thanks once again for the advice,
    Stephentlig.

taxman.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement