Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Child closing down?

Options
  • 07-10-2009 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

Just saw a post by someone in AH saying that Wild Child is closing down, anyone know anything about this? Just wondering if it is the furniture and random objects one on Georges Street or the clothes one in Temple Bar, or even both?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Did the Temple Bar one not close down ages ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

There's one on George's street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I bought a shirt a few weeks back in a 'Closing Down' sale in the Wild Child in George's Street arcade. (which is where the clothes one is now)

Not sure if it's gone yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, it's closing down just they have a lot of stock to get rid of. (still haven't been in yet!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Arse, must try to get in there this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I wouldn't bother; the stock is terrible. I used to shop in the one on George's street all the time until, of course, they switched to a furniture store - which didn't last too long. That ended up in Harold's Cross in an obscure little alley. The last I checked it was only open on Saturday by appointment (as there is obviously zero footfall on the place.) I haven't been down there lately but I would be shocked if it were still there. It was a shame about the George's street branch as the gear was really good. When they went to Temple Bar the standard of stock definitely dropped. I was in the George's Street Arcarde branch a couple of weeks ago and the stuff is really, really horrible. It's cheap as chips but fugly. Harlequin still has decent vintage stuff, particularly jackets - albeit pricey.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Didn't they open up a new one in George's Street Arcade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Didn't know the Temple Bar one had closed down already
    Twee. wrote: »

wOOt! \o/

Advertisement