Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[C&C] The angry strawhead

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I was gonna say she looks like wurzel gummage :)

I really like the feel of the shots & she does the pout better than most models

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Great set. The way her hair falls over her left eye in the first one gives her an evil scary movie look. I think the pout diminishes as each picture comes along. By the last one she looks likes she's trying to be angry but the moment has passed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Love #1. Not unlike my own little angel. Looks a great charachter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I do like the expressions you have captured with your daughter.

What is not to my taste is the exposure & PP. The skin tones look all washed out & unnatural. The backgrounds are also not adding anything to these shots & tend to be distracting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I agree with Brian and the Mod bloke.
    You only needed one pic for the scowl and the PP/exposure is horrid!
    But I do see something I like in there....
    #3 just shades it from #2 for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I think the exposure and contrast looks fine, its nicely done. reminds me of 'fancy paper', not sure if little girls collect that stuff anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Nice set.

The phrase "why so serious?" comes to mind...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

like #3. I think the processing is a particular style which you probably were aiming for.

I quite like it even though the colours are washed and the images appear slightly overexposed (this on a non calibrated monitor).

I have a similar style available as a preset which is supposed to give a nostalgic feel to images. On portraits it just screws it up into unnatural looking images. It works quite nicely on larger scenes. But I might actually be the only person in the world that likes that particular preset. Herself often thinks it's hideous. Perhaps I marvel at the technical ability of the software to do it.

Eitherways my long winded point is that I think if you like it, that is what is important (assuming you are the client).

Would it be what a regular client looks for? Probably not. I'd prep them before processing regular client images along that style.

The crops are interesting and I think work pretty much.

Different. Non conventional images. Perhaps non commercial. But imho, good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I like no. 3 also.

The background/lighting in no.1 makes her right eye (to us) look off compared to the left eye, which I found distracting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

I dont like them at all, the model looks very photogenic but the PP just ruins the images for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I like #1 best if you had a version that was a little darker?

Advertisement