Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jack adaptor

Options
  • 07-10-2009 7:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

guys i need some help. I have an external hard drive but the jack on the power cable is too big to fit. can anyone tell me if i can get an adaptor and if so where?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

if your in dublin peats or maplins should have an adaptor.

Does the external harddrive not have a usb cable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 chicklick

yes it has a usb cable. but the cable i'm talking about is for the power supply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

ah ok misunderstood the OP.Lots of external HDD's get the power through the usb

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Only 2.5" drives and ESATA drives - FireWire- and USB-based 3.5" drives simply need more power than a half-dozen USB ports can provide so they end up with an external mains power brick instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Like Lab_Mouse said Maplins or petes, if you are going to buy an adapter though you should buy one of those ones that have loads of different jacks so it's not totally useless when the drive goes out of use. Their just handy to have.

• Advertisement
Advertisement