Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday Party song suggestions

Options
  • 07-10-2009 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭

We're planning on having a party in the house for my soon to be 8 year old son. We'll be doing the usual kids party games and will need music for some of these plus we will do a small disco too. I have some probables listed below. Are there others which get the kids shaking their booty?:D

Macarena
    Rock the boat
    Time Warp
    Cha Cha Slide - DJ Casper
    Conga - Gloria Estefan
    Funkytown - Lipps Inc
    I'm A Believer (from Shrek)
    La Bamba
    Mamma Mia
    Walk Like An Egyptian - Bangles
    You Can't Touch This - M C Hammer
    We will rock you - Queen
    Ketchup song
    Galway Girl
    I Want It All from High School Musical 3 soundtrack
    High School Musical from High School Musical 3 soundtrack
    Yellow Submarine
    Do You Love Me (now that I can dance) - The Contours
    Rawhide and Minnie the Moocher from Blues Brothers
    In the Jungle, the Lion sleeps tonight
    Who let the dogs out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Does your soon to be 8 year old actually know these songs???? Unless you plan on getting up and showing them how to do the Time Warp I think maybe sticking to what's out at the moment might be the best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Love2love wrote: »
    Does your soon to be 8 year old actually know these songs????
    Yeah. Most of these we put on for a little dance session at home. The kids love it. Time Warp they used to hear in playschool in fact. I doubt they read into the lyrics too much.
    Unless you plan on getting up and showing them
    I do. I'm a crap dancer but what the hell.
    I think maybe sticking to what's out at the moment might be the best bet
    So of whats out now would a eight year old dance to?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Love your list bazwaldo!

Sounds like my kind of party! Some "current" Music that a lot of kids like are the highschool musical songs and for some unfathomable reason Galway Girl.

What about Yellow Submarine or the Locomotion?

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Love your list bazwaldo!

Sounds like my kind of party! Some "current" Music that a lot of kids like are the highschool musical songs and for some unfathomable reason Galway Girl.

What about Yellow Submarine or the Locomotion?

:D Yeah, now we're talking. I only just thought of HSM too. They love some them. I'll update my list.

Yellow Submarine maybe, good one to sing along to. I had locomotion in the list and listened to it earlier and wasn't too sure about it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ooh ooh

Blues Brothers soundtrack has a few and just remembered Do You Love Me (now that I can dance). Twist and Shout for some Ferris Bewler action.

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Ooh ooh

Blues Brothers soundtrack has a few and just remembered Do You Love Me (now that I can dance). Twist and Shout for some Ferris Bewler action.

Youre on a roll. :cool:

Twist and Shout could be good. The Blues Bros ST is great but I don't know if it suits. Minnie the moocher maybe for the hidehidehidehi bits or rawhide for pretending to be a cowboy (and whipping ahemmm;))

And the Lion sleeps tonight.

These guys have loads of youtube videos. Might get some ideas there too.

Edit : Adding another hippo and dog song

Advertisement