Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sociology and law subjects

• 07-10-2009 8:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi guys, I have to pick some modules for my third year. We're given a choice from Jurisprudence, Comparative legal systems, commercial law, labour law, administrative law, civil liberties, sports and the law, sociological theory and society of organisations. Could I get some feedback on what any of these modules are like? Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 _Coco_

Well if you intend sitting the bar exams you would need to have admin law and jurisprudence complete. I know you're probably not thinking that far away yet but it might be handy to have. Sports law is also interesting and a different perspective from the core law modules that law students are required to take. Civil Liberties is another good option but it depends where your personal interests lie. Commercial law is meant to be handy enough so if your looking to improve your qca choose strategically! Personally I left sociology go for 3rd year so I don't know much about any of those modules! I think I may have done sociology of organisations at another stage and if its with Brian Keary I would be giving it a miss but then again sociology tends to be research based and with no exam it can be nice to have out of the way.

Advertisement