Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I use Access 2003 with MS Office 2007?

• 07-10-2009 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,
    I recently loaded MSOffice on a trial basis as my wife is taking ECDL classes and needed Office rather than OpenOffice which I normally use. Anyway, Access2007 is included but the classes use Access2003, which makes things difficult for my wife so my question is whether I can somehow download Access2003 and use that instead?

If not, can I get the entire Office 2003 suite - from my look around Microsoft's site, it appears not but I could well be mistaken.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    bobjim

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Dont think you'll get it from Microsoft but if you go to some of the smaller retailers they might still have a copy.

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

MS Office (including Access) is backwards compatable, so yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

MS Office (including Access) is backwards compatable, so yes.

Yeah but layout is different, so will be more difficult for a novice to follow ECDL

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

tbh, your wife shouldn't bother with a ECDL course, as it really is mickey mouse stuff. Going into fas and talkig to someone in there about what she wants to learn will point here in the right direction. The ECDL is really like the um.. special bus edition of fisher price.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bobjim

Yeah, I'm getting that feeling about the ECDL! The reason she went for it was to have some recognised qualification that she could include on her CV - she doesn't work in the IT world.

It would seem that I can't officially get Office 2003 and also that Access 2003 (if I could even get it) could not be loaded onto MS Office 2007.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yeah, that's the problem with ECDL, they don't keep their course material up to date at all. Your only option would be eBay as i don't think you will find any shops be it on the high street or online retailer still stocking it. Even if your wife dosen't work in IT or even an IT environment FAS offer some office courses which will actually be useful to your wife, they even offer ranges from beginner, intermediate and advanced.

I seem to remember that Microsoft stopped selling Office 2003 almost immediately after 2007 was released so it's been off the market for a long time. We've often had requests for it where I work but it just can't be got.

Advertisement