Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you get to harvey norman by bus or walking?

• 07-10-2009 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Want to to have a quick out there but never been is it possible?looking for a cheap laptop,well to look and get prices any other shops in limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The No 2 bus only goes as far as the Ballysimon roundabout before it takes a left up Childer's Road towards the Parkway afaik. You could get off at the stop across from Woodlawn Park and walk from there out the Tipperary Road to Harvey's.

I would also recommend a visit to Soundstore out in the Delta Retail Park too, near enough to Harvey's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

cheers any other shops in city centre for laptops?did i see a new one in the cresent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I personally had a bit of a 'mare with HN when I bought a laptop out there. The 1st salesperson advised me to buy laptop A, but the OS wasn't right for my needs (Vista Home Premium after I clearly explained that I needed it for work and to connect to a DC).

I went back and a different salesperson told me I had bought totally the wrong laptop and teh one I had was rubbish, I should have bought laptop B. This was after shelling out close on 2k. Not overly happy but he breezily assured me that you could connect to a network with VHP and he would call me with an answer. Call never came (because you can't). I ended up giving teh computer back and getting a full refund so kudos to them for that and to teh manager of that section who was good.

Anyhow, moral of teh story is know what you are looking for and you may be better off buying online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Soundstore would be a better choice as a bricks and mortar store in which to buy a laptop or anything electrical.

Generally their prices are better, and more often than not you get to speak with a salesperson who actually knows what they are on about, and who are not afraid to say that a pc/laptop is not suited to your needs and that a cheaper model would be what you need.

You basically have Harvey Norman, Pc World/Currys (both DSG), the place in the Crescent Shopping Centre, Clancys, and Soundstore as your choices for buying a laptop in a shop in Limerick.

Dunnes, Tescos, 3, and sometimes some of the shops like Xtravision or Smyths will have an offer on display.

But for my money if you don't want to buy online then go to Soundstore, and if your budget allows, stick to Toshiba or HP as your brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Click in the crescent,PC World,and HN are both horribly overpriced.Id advise you to buy online if possible.
    Whats your budget and criteria?

Gaming?Portability?Reliability?Accessory?Basic Internet/Itunes/Word

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

It would appear curry's in William Street are having a sale at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah, educate yourself on what you need or want prior to going into most of these places. Places like Curry's or H.N. are just a chain of electronics stores with a high staff turnover who are more interested in selling you what they have rather that what you need.

I'd also not mind paying a bit extra for the product from a place if it has a good after sales service rather than just a place that gives you the phone number of a call centre in Asia to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Apple all the way!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Apple all the way!!!

OP is looking for a cheap laptop,not a fashion statement :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Kat24

I dont think you'll find a cheap laptop in HN, I went there when I was buying my one and although they have laptops with all the software, you will definitely find something cheaper elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement