Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waymarked Walks

Options
  • 07-10-2009 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

There is a waymarked walk that intersects the Southern Access Route road, does anyone know what this walk is called or where I can get a map? I've been searching for info on it on Wicklow tourism and walking sites but can't find any information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Waymarked ways are usually done by the Irish Sports Council, Check their web site it might be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

it's Drummin Lane - http://tinyurl.com/y9evf64 - Google shows it as a road which it is at the Drummin end, but it turns into a footpath as it heads towards Kilquade.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Tried following it towards Delgany one day, thinking it was a walking track. Seemed to dissappear into the field and ended up on what felt like private property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

As far as I know there is a right of way from Delgany to Kilquade. This is the oure and it is meant to be public property. In some areas it looks like private property and I believe a homeowner was trying to claim the land. But the walkway is public. You can get through but it's not maintained very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just tagging onto this thread.

I was wondering if there is any direct route to the beach from Charlesland within going all the way to the south beach car park.

From google it looks like you may be able to get to it via Charlesland Golf Course...but whether it's private propoerty or impossible due to fences etc...I would like to know! Thanks.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭sagat

You should be able to just follow the raging torrent that is the Three Trout River down to the Charlesland road follow that around by the water works and then back to the edge of the stream between the course and the driving range onto the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Mullie wrote: »
    There is a waymarked walk that intersects the Southern Access Route road, does anyone know what this walk is called or where I can get a map? I've been searching for info on it on Wicklow tourism and walking sites but can't find any information.

That is an old Mass Path to Kilquade Church.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Where at the Kilquade end does it come out ?

Advertisement