Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AntiFlu Injection Cost

• 07-10-2009 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Had an antiflu injection and it cost me 50 Euro. Same injection in Spain carried out by Pharmacist is 8 Euro. Medical costs in this country are sky high and the recession has had no impact.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

Did you get your injection done by a Doctor or a pharmacist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BleedTheF!FtH

Dont get the injection..

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ephelan24

Had mine done by Doctor due to continous ill health last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

You could have got it done here for €25.00

Thanks for that jeckle. Should probably move post to Bargain Alert as it will save me money in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

ephelan24 wrote: »
    Thanks for that jeckle. Should probably move post to Bargain Alert as it will save me money in the future.
    Good idea - done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

A healthy adult does not NEED the normal flu jab, so you would have wasted your money were it 8 euro or 50.

Also, I do not believe it costs 8 euro per shot in Spain, unless that cost is massively subsidised by their health service.

Had an anti flu injection done in Spanish Pharmacy and it cost 8 Euro. Agree not everybody needs it but a lot do. Finally, why do you think it is subsidised?
    Manufactured in the millions of doses of antiflu and as poster here has already pointed out can be got for 25 Euro here and not 50 Euro which I paid. Rip Off if ever there was one!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

It's available for £12.50 from Boots in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

If your a student u can get it for free from your college medical centre.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

50e is still a ok price for it, in fairness alot of people spend more then that trying to kill themselfs with drink each weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

eth0_ wrote: »
    A healthy adult does not NEED the normal flu jab, so you would have wasted your money were it 8 euro or 50.

Also, I do not believe it costs 8 euro per shot in Spain, unless that cost is massively subsidised by their health service.

I know a few spanish people who are always complaining about the medical costs here,according to them medical costs are a fraction in spain compared to here.

Advertisement