Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car park situation worse this year

• 07-10-2009 9:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

It's pretty clear that the car parks are filling up earlier this year than last year and there's more cars on the streets / estates / horseware.

The clampers have had a field day this past week or so - they weren't about for the first few weeks of term but then sprang from the bushes and nabbed at least a dozen cars one morning alone.

Obviously this year theres an increase in student numbers... if numbers keep increasing year on year (and it looks likely), where will everyone go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Topmanager

One reson for so little parking spaces is because the car park near the crowne plaza were the apprentices last year parked their cars is closed because of the building work in the carrolls and that is taking away about 50-80 parking spaces that the apprentice used to use...

The only solution is for the college to do a deal with the crowne plaza and let the apprentice park there cars in the crowne plaza car park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Topmanager wrote: »
    One reson for so little parking spaces is because the car park near the crowne plaza were the apprentices last year parked their cars is closed because of the building work in the carrolls and that is taking away about 50-80 parking spaces that the apprentice used to use...

The only solution is for the college to do a deal with the crowne plaza and let the apprentice park there cars in the crowne plaza car park.

true...

the crowne plaza have also put signs up at the back saying there's a heavy fine for parking there... i'd imagine they'll introduce barriers for their car parks too at some stage as their front car park always seems to be pretty full these days and we all know it's not because business is booming ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

All students should be given Android powered handsets and download my DKITpark application that I done for my project last year!

It'll help loads and make me some money! :D

Like I said before theres loads of ways to help ease the parking problem, theres loads of people who needlessly bring there car in and park there. So how about getting parking permits printed up and given to students who are further away meaning students in the town or nearby estates have to make the 5 minute walk or 2 minute bus journey instead of clogging up the car parks. I've seen people drive from Rockfield and College heights up and park there cars, unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 louicious09

:D
    draffodx wrote: »
    All students should be given Android powered handsets and download my DKITpark application that I done for my project last year!

Like I said before theres loads of ways to help ease the parking problem, theres loads of people who needlessly bring there car in and park there. So how about getting parking permits printed up and given to students who are further away meaning students in the town or nearby estates have to make the 5 minute walk or 2 minute bus journey instead of clogging up the car parks. I've seen people drive from Rockfield and College heights up and park there cars, unbelievable.

good idea should i expect to see you on dragons den soon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Condoms

I like the way he thinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Is it on the paid or free market?
    You're not the dev "DKIT Android" are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

For the love of God don't download it. It's just a picture of draffodx stroking his cock. Parking solutions indeed.

That_Guy wrote: »
    For the love of God don't download it. It's just a picture of draffodx stroking his cock. Parking solutions indeed.

hahaha typical dundalk solution anyway

C-Shore wrote: »
    Is it on the paid or free market?
    You're not the dev "DKIT Android" are you?

I never put it on the market because of its VERY limited market.

Its also only a BETA and I haven't gone on to build on the framework and implement the additional features I had planned to really make it useful.

No I'm not the Dev DKIT Android, is that a developer on the market?

I never put it on the market because of its VERY limited market.

Its also only a BETA and I haven't gone on to build on the framework and implement the additional features I had planned to really make it useful.

No I'm not the Dev DKIT Android, is that a developer on the market?

Yeah there is somebody by that name, so i assumed it could be someone up here..

Do you use an Android phone?
    Yeah the market is pretty limited, Meteor have launched the HTC Hero so hopefully the Paid Market opens up as well.

• Advertisement

Yes I have the G1 phone that Google employees were given as a Christmas bonus.

Android is now being thought as part of the 4th year Commercial Computing add on honours degree so the lecturer may have set that DKIT Android Dev up.

Advertisement