Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning wood

• 07-10-2009 9:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

How often do you wake up with a morning wood? And have you noticed whether anything affects it being there or not?

For me it varies week by week based on my diet believe it or not. If I'm dieting for any more than a week, morning wood go bye bye. Otherwise there's a good chance it's there. edit: I should add that I get them a lot more often since I got fit.

How many days per week would you have a morning wood? 80 votes

0-1
    0% 0 votes
    1-2
    11% 9 votes
    2-3
    11% 9 votes
    3-4
    17% 14 votes
    4-5
    23% 19 votes
    5-6
    18% 15 votes
    7!
    17% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Kind of depends. I could be dreaming of something and wake up and it's there.

Other times I wake up and it's not. A couple of minutes later lying in the bed it is without my mind having to wander and think of such things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Quite difficult to measure how often since its a common thing and Id barely give it a second thought. I might start counting from tomorrow :P

Ive never noticed/heard of anything that would affect frequency

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

5 or 6 times a week I'd say. sometimes it's the old morning full bladder "piss horn" and sometimes its the sexy dreams vibe. split about 50/50. I have noticed that if I stay up really late or am absolutely shattered they're guaranteed glass cutters? No idea why. When I was fitter they were better/worse. Though thats a fair few years back :o:)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Krieg wrote: »
    Ive never noticed/heard of anything that would affect frequency

Dieting definitely affects frequency. Your testosterone levels fall through the floor when you've been dieting a while. Of course they bounce back when you start eating maintenance calories again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Wibbs wrote: »
    sometimes it's the old morning full bladder "piss horn"

Every morning I have one of these.

Very annoying too as trying to go to the bathroom with and erection is not easy as you all know.

Lately I have been worried by how frequently I have to urinate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

It appears to be a very common and regular occurrence IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Pretty much every single day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

happens frequently enough that I don't even take notice of it. Worst is when you wake up and need to go to the bathroom and you have one. It's at times like that I lay there and wonder "who exactly is running this body, it's bad enough they plumbed in the recreational facilities right next to the waste disposal, but whoever is looking after the scheduling should really be fired... I mean honestly!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Usually early morning before i wake up, like today. I just rolled around on my stomach while still semi-asleep, properly woke up it was gone thankfully. Going to the loo is also a pain with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

It really depends for me.

I am guaranteed morning wood if I have play the 5 knuckle shuffle when in bed just before I go to sleep.

Other than that it's hit and miss really. Piss-horns are a regular occurance too, but I don't consider that morning wood TBH, because if you are lying next to a woman with a horn like that, you know you have to get up and piss before you get some morning glory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

Eating too many french fancies are a common diagnosis for the plank of wood in the early hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Crotchety wrote: »
    Eating out too many french fancies are a common diagnosis for the plank of wood in the early hours.

Fixed your post

:pac::pac::pac:

(I'm sorry I simply couldn't resist:p:o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭PetrovthePrat

I figure it's a systems test. If that's not up,no point getting up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭BankMan

Most days I reckon. Hangover guarantees an appearance (plus a very randy bankman) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I used to drive a desil land rover every morning id get into that jeep and ten minutes into it id be sporting a nice ankle strangeler :D :pac:....

yeah id say ost days i wake up with a horn

tho piss horn are worse.... the funny shapes I make with my body :eek: in the toilet trying to releave it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

LOL! :pac:

For me it'd be most days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

The only way to beat the horn is with a scalding red hot hammer and a poker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 irish_stickman

if its not a piss horn its an "i had a great dream" horn so yeah most days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 seanie2

THe piss horn definately bad.. how do you explain to someone who walks in to the bathroom and you doing your best to pee with a raging horn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Crotchety wrote: »
    The only way to beat the horn is with a scalding red hot hammer and a poker.

:confused:
    You are aware this isnt afterhours,yes?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

+1. I'm one of those guys who avoids doctors like the plague. I could have a half severed arm and I'm all "ah no, we'll see how this pans out, only a scratch". Not out of bravery more out of fear. If mr happy shows signs of not playing ball? I'm down to the GP like a shot.

Lack of wood in anything like a consistent pattern IMHO is a sign of something amiss. It could be hormonal, emotional/psychological, vascular, nerve issues(infection or diabetes?). It's a damn fine yardstick(leave it!) of basic male health IMHO. An erection needs so many of the body's systems in reasonable condition before it can happen.

I dunno if any of the docs here would agree it's a good diagnostic tool(no really, leave it!), but I suspect they would and I think it would show up issues before they may become more obvious. I can't think of a similar outward sign in women that may point to the same number of issues.

As I said a drop off of morning wood or wood in general would get me to a Dr in short order.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭maherro

Was in bed and a female friend sleeping beside me after a night out. talking the next morning I noticed she was staring at my crotch. I look down and the one eyed monster himself is standing to attention. Never seen her so freaked out - took quite a long time to convince her this is a fairly routine occurance, girl or no girl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

It's a damn fine yardstick(leave it!) of basic male health IMHO.

But... your yardstick... it's so hard to resist... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

As I said a drop off of morning wood or wood in general would get me to a Dr in short order.

It's gonna happen. Your morning wood is based largely on your testosterone levels. As you get older the ole test levels fall off. Other things can affect it too (as I said, dieting is one, level of fitness is another, too much booze another, etc. etc.).

True, though Ive got elevated test levels for my body weight* so maybe that's why the morning wood is still going at 40 odd. Funny how people differ, if I drop my food intake I get more horny, not less. Booze wise, beer defo hits it, but wine doesn't :confused: Emotions really hit I've found. If I'm any way low or stressed over something, I can see a drop off, very rapidly too.

* at 40 I was over a 1000 (can't remember what) per ML. Higher in the past. Sounds great. It isn't. Increased risk of prostate cancer(had my first PSA test at 25 AFAIR) for a start and as anyone who has met me will tell you, it defo didn't give me muscles and could be arm wrestled by most women, never mind men.:(:D Though it seems to have kept me free of middle aged spread so that's a plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Everyday with out fail. Herself doesn't go for morning sex so i normally end up taking care of it myself :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

shellyboo wrote: »
    But... your yardstick... it's so hard to resist... :pac:
    That's what she said!

(sorry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

At 43 years of age I'm proud to say I could literally pole vault out of bed, across the landing and down the stairs on my little friend most mornings :D

And when I'm training really hard - sweet jesus I'd have a horn that I could beat a horse out of a swamp with.

Beer = floppy joe!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

994 wrote: »
    That's what she said!

(sorry)

Eh... Yeah that is what she (me) said... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 obrien89

mostly piss boners

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement