Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cow cubicle mats

Options
  • 07-10-2009 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

whats the best brand and what are they selling for roughly? Anyone know. Also are they worth it or would you be better off with a matt over the slats where they eat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

whats the best brand and what are they selling for roughly? Anyone know. Also are they worth it or would you be better off with a matt over the slats where they eat?

are theese mats intended for cows

thier are many brands of mat out there and most of them are more than adequete , mayo mats are never shy about claiming that they have the best one but at the end of the day , we are talking about a lump of rubber , not a formula one motor car , regardless of which you go for , i would go the extra mile and buy interlink mats , they fit together in one big mass like a jigsaw , it is however important to remember that they wont work in the old three legged cubicles , they are also at least 20 euro each more expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

yep its cows and the cubicles are the wall mounted ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

yep its cows and the cubicles are the wall mounted ones

dairymaster do two different types of interlink mat , one is 20mm thick , the other 30 mm , all the milking machine companys do them , thier is however a crowd in cork called riverstick industries who have the cheapest mat on the market , sweeney is the guys name and ive seen his mats , they are more than adequete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

irish_bob wrote: »
    dairymaster do two different types of interlink mat , one is 20mm thick , the other 30 mm , all the milking machine companys do them , thier is however a crowd in cork called riverstick industries who have the cheapest mat on the market , sweeney is the guys name and ive seen his mats , they are more than adequete

thanks for info bob

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AHanley

irish_bob wrote: »
    are theese mats intended for cows

thier are many brands of mat out there and most of them are more than adequete , mayo mats are never shy about claiming that they have the best one but at the end of the day , we are talking about a lump of rubber , not a formula one motor car , regardless of which you go for , i would go the extra mile and buy interlink mats , they fit together in one big mass like a jigsaw , it is however important to remember that they wont work in the old three legged cubicles , they are also at least 20 euro each more expensive

"lump of rubber" - stick to your jigsaws.. EVA is what they are made of, not rubber - rubber is solid.
    mayo are the best, i've seen mats of theirs in use 20+ yrs and still perfect. they have the best reputation for a reason - show me any other mat company whose products last as long as theirs??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

AHanley wrote: »
    "lump of rubber" - stick to your jigsaws.. EVA is what they are made of, not rubber - rubber is solid.
    mayo are the best, i've seen mats of theirs in use 20+ yrs and still perfect. they have the best reputation for a reason - show me any other mat company whose products last as long as theirs??

Durapak installed in 1993 and as good as new a light shake of lime a couple of time a week and cows are happy out

http://www.durapakagri.ie/sites/default/files/product-download-files/Cubicle_Leaflet.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

A Hanley - do you work for mayo mats or something? Both of your posts so far have been very defensive of them!

Having said that we have mayo mats in for 20 years and they look like new - all mats since have been mayo and the cows love them

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AHanley

Tipp Man wrote: »
    A Hanley - do you work for mayo mats or something? Both of your posts so far have been very defensive of them!

Having said that we have mayo mats in for 20 years and they look like new - all mats since have been mayo and the cows love them

ha no i don't, but we have them years and years with no problems, we tried others and had to get them replaced after 3 years.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

ha no i don't, but we have them years and years with no problems, we tried others and had to get them replaced after 3 years.. :mad:

we have mayo mats also and cannot fault them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

after 3 years you would have been entitled to replacement free of charge,

welcome to boards BTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

what was going wrong with them you had to replace them?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Bangoverthebar

I have kraiberg 30mm mats, come in a roll, so less bent conrners, falling off etc

I think they are brilliant, not cheap.

I have easyfix slat mats, good job. Never have a lame cow, i do however have 3 cows who lie on the slats, i wonder would they lie on a bare hard concrete

Advertisement