Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs - Delayed Package

Options
  • 07-10-2009 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Didn't know where to post this, if its in the wrong forum please feel free to move.

I bought 2 media players from different sellers on ebay who are based in china, its been over 3 weeks at this stage.

I was given a tracking number by the seller for Hong Kong Post, it says The item XXX left Hong Kong for its destination on the 21st Sept 2009.

My question is who do I contact about this, my suspicion is either An Post is really slow or customs have got there hands on it, either way how do I find out who has it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

akadesign wrote: »
    Didn't know where to post this, if its in the wrong forum please feel free to move.

I bought 2 media players from different sellers on ebay who are based in china, its been over 3 weeks at this stage.

I was given a tracking number by the seller for Hong Kong Post, it says The item XXX left Hong Kong for its destination on the 21st Sept 2009.

My question is who do I contact about this, my suspicion is either An Post is really slow or customs have got there hands on it, either way how do I find out who has it?

If customs have it the will sent you a letter with what Duty needs to be paid
    It will say where you can pick up the package and and you will pay the duty there

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

Hi OP,

Has happened to me a number of times. If it has been detected by Customs, you will get a letter in the post informing you that they have your package. It will show the amount of VAT you have to pay, plus a handling charge :rolleyes:

If you don't receive any letter within the next few days, I'd give An Post a ring.

All the best,

Cul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If it's in Ireland, the tracking number will work on track.anpost.ie

If nothing shows there, then An Post haven't received it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Many thanks guys for the quick replies.

Have inputed the tracking number into An Post and it says its in Dublin Mail Centre, happy days, at least I now know where it is now!!

Thank again guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

akadesign wrote: »
    ...happy days...

How long have An Post had it? I wouldn't be saying happy days. Rather, gimme my f**kin stuff.

• Advertisement

If it's been there for more than a day or two, then it's likely that customs are valuing it, and you'll be billed on delivery. Keep an eye on it, but at least you know it's here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I thought customs were based in Portloaise and not in Dublin? If it's in Dublin, then it's probably past customs.

A lot of incoming mail goes to the Dublin mails centre first, and then goes on to Portlaoise. Customs will be where ever they need to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

From what I hear from a few mates they are cracking down big time on Chinese stuff, esp. from dealextreme. DX do not have invoices in the packages, and put a low value on them. In most cases I have heard people went down with the printed out invoice and were charged nothing, customs overvalued the items. Of course there are many tricks but they cannot be discussed!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 staengus

is track.anpost.ie not working for anybody else?

• Advertisement
Advertisement