Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this normal?

Options
  • 07-10-2009 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

i have two male cats about a year or so old (if even) they strayed in. anyways we rescued a kitten last week who had the flu and now our two boys are sneezing etc. BUT at about 2 this morning one of them started to get sick, he is sill doing it now. i want to go to the vet now but my OH says its normal for cats to be throwing up when they have the flu. is he right??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Are you cats eating/drinking?
    IF not then I'd take them to the vet, they can get dehydrated.
    They may have caught the flu from the kitten but might be something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

no there not eating or drinking thats what worries me the most, cos there normally hungry feckers LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Then get them to the vets ASAP- if they're not drinking and throwing up, they'll get dehydrated very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

agreed i wouldn't wait around,,get them checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

thanks guys ill ring a vet now and bring them in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 jimmyn

Are your cats vaccinated against cat flu? This is a serious illness in cats, and must be treated by a vet.

Even if it's not cat flu, any time you cat stops eating should be considered serious enough to be checked out by a vet. Cats bodies don't cope well with being off food - as little as 3 days can cause a lot of harm. Better to be safe than sorry.

Advertisement