Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Licence/Chip NI

Options
  • 07-10-2009 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8293563.stm

In the north they are increasing the licence for a dog to £50.

This will "prove owners are committed to owning a dog".

All dogs will also have to be microchipped by next June. This is a disgarce. No doubt the Irish government will follow the Brits as always. Well, there is no way my dog is getting any chip inserted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

It's a disgrace to have your dog microchipped?
    Both mine are chipped, if they got lost for whatever reason and their collars were gone or even if they were stolen, at least they'd have the chip to identify them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 PrestonDaly

star-pants wrote: »
    It's a disgrace to have your dog microchipped?
    Both mine are chipped, if they got lost for whatever reason and their collars were gone or even if they were stolen, at least they'd have the chip to identify them.

I'd know my dog if I seen it. I'm not a "techie", new technologies do not excite me. My dog is a living creature, not a piece of meat which the governemnt can tell me to abuse by inserting foreign objects.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

<snip>

I'd know my dog if I seen it. I'm not a "techie", new technologies do not excite me. My dog is a living creature, not a piece of meat which the governemnt can tell me to abuse by inserting foreign objects.

Of course you would know your dog -- are you suggesting I wouldn't know my dog?

If someone steals your dog, what proof have you if they insist it's their dog too?

Of course you would know your dog -- are you suggesting I wouldn't know my dog?

If someone steals your dog, what proof have you if they insist it's their dog too?

I have dozens of pictures of my pride and joy. And anyway, thefts of cocker spaniels are hardly much of a worry.

Reasons can be found to justify just about everything imaginable, remember that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

Preston - So what's your point then? Is it just a rant? if so take it to Ranting and Raving forum.
    You don't appear to be willing to discuss it.

Preston - So what's your point then? Is it just a rant? if so take it to Ranting and Raving forum.
    You don't appear to be willing to discuss it.

I hold my views fairly strongly, however I want to get the views of others on this issue.

I hold my views fairly strongly, however I want to get the views of others on this issue.

I've given my view and you've suggested I wouldn't know my dogs, why do you want others views when you refuse to even consider the other side?

I've given my view and you've suggested I wouldn't know my dogs, why do you want others views when you refuse to even consider the other side?

I have considered and rejected all your points before even starting this thread.

• Advertisement

I have considered and rejected all your points before even starting this thread.
    Well then you've just given me reason to close this thread :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement