Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas in Peru/Bolivia

• 07-10-2009 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I'll be completing the inca trail around the 20th of Dec and am wondering has anyone spent Christmas around these parts?? Was gonna head to La Paz for christmas so wondering does anyone have any advice?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

Get yourself into Loki hostel, its an Irish run place and great craic. There is also one in Cusco

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Where is that - La Paz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

Thay have one in La Paz, Cusco, Lima and Mancora
    http://www.lokihostel.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I've been in Panama and Ecuador for Christmas and both were quiet. A lot of people, especially ones away for only a few months plan their trips around Christmas so they can be home for it. But i'm sure the Wild Rover or Loki will be busy enough or at least have something on. Christmas eve is the big day in Latin America. Places will be closed but Christmas day should be okay with most things open. At least that's how i found it in the above countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

This year I still don't know what I am doing as it is a friday so I will have a long weekend. Last year Xmas was on a thursday so I was working mon, tues, wed, then thursday off then back to work on friday. Just like a regular day off, sitting in my kitchen eating cornflakes. I would suggest just head to an irish bar, hostel and have the craic. It is normally a quiet day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement