Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Router recommendations

Options
  • 07-10-2009 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Can anyone recommed what I should buy. I have a wireless router setup and I get a decent signal around my house.However I would like to let my parents who live next door to use my broadband.At the moment they get 1 bar signal at best and this is only in certain rooms.

So basically I am looking for a wirelss router with a very good range? Or perhaps a wirelss router and a wireless extender setup in my parents house.
    Can anyone recommend suitable products and if a range entender one that works easilty with the router.:confused:

Thanks F

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Framework wrote: »
    Can anyone recommed what I should buy. I have a wireless router setup and I get a decent signal around my house.However I would like to let my parents who live next door to use my broadband.At the moment they get 1 bar signal at best and this is only in certain rooms.

So basically I am looking for a wirelss router with a very good range? Or perhaps a wirelss router and a wireless extender setup in my parents house.
    Can anyone recommend suitable products and if a range entender one that works easilty with the router.:confused:

Thanks F

When you said that your parents lived next door..what distance is this exaclty? are you in terrace/semi detached/fully detached/across the road?

What are the walls made of? concrete will attenuate the wireless signal.
    If this is the case then i would suggest getting a N type modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Framework wrote: »

Thanks F

I live in a granny flat out the back and our wireless is in the front of the house. I have a Netgear WGR wireless router in the house and a Belkin Universal range extender at my window where it picks up the signal.

http://www.dabs.ie/products/belkin-wireless-g-universal-range-extender-access-point-4287.html?q=Belkin%20universal%20range

Don't get as good download speeds on the extender, but perfect for browsing the web.

Advertisement