Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Eircom resellers don't have 7.0 profile?

• 07-10-2009 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

Is it not an issue on competition grounds that Eircom resellers can't offer the "No interleaving" 7.0 profile gaming DSL that Eircom.net offer?

This seems like Eircom has an unfair advantage.

Any comments?

X

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is indeed. Have we a regulator ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is it that they can't offer it, or that they don't offer it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They could not offer it because they had no interface . It is a reprofile of the 7.6 done through the same portal that allows throttling to 5mbits and 6mbits on wheezy lines .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

eircom's bitstream price list has the product "Bitstream Rapid", which is 7168/384kbps at 48:1, this is the 7.0Mbps product, from what I can see.
    bitstream.jpg

So if the re-sellers aren't offering it, it's by their own choice. Not a regulatory issue, even if we had one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

jor el wrote: »
    eircom's bitstream price list has the product "Bitstream Rapid", which is 7168/384kbps at 48:1, this is the 7.0Mbps product, from what I can see.
    bitstream.jpg

So if the re-sellers aren't offering it, it's by their own choice. Not a regulatory issue, even if we had one.

Good to know.

Massive jump in contention if you want this service.

I think in this case Smart offer this service as bitstream reseller.

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/home_broadband_offnet/homeoffnet_more_details/Smart_Living_Plus.aspx

They have 384 upload and 7.0 down which matches Eircoms offering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

Xcellor wrote: »
    Is it not an issue on competition grounds that Eircom resellers can't offer the "No interleaving" 7.0 profile gaming DSL that Eircom.net offer?

This seems like Eircom has an unfair advantage.

Any comments?

X

I'm with Eircom, they've never heard of a NO INTERLEAVING package.
    I'm on the 7Mb with the Low interleaving(supposed to be anyway) for gamers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Also, do Eircom and all its re-sellers offer a 12:1 contention ratio on the 7.6Mb package? I know UTV do, but I'm guessing if UTV do then it's down to Eircom, and then it's has to be across the board.

Advertisement