Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount a 775 cooler on 1156 Mainboard

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I wouldn't risk it unless you are very comfortable with doing thins kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The biggest problem I saw with the video is he has no bracket on the back spreading the weight of the cooler so most the weight will be pulling on those top two screws.

I don't know how heavy that cooler is but I wouldn't use plastic bolts or screws, the constant heat over time could weaken them enough to cause the threads to fail. That's just a guess but I wouldn't risk it.

I used steal bolts on my recent upgrade (I'll have pics up later) the holes are protected (I'm assuming as my PC didn't blow up yet), I used nylon washers and spacers though. Not sure if nylon is a good plastic to use though, it's just what I had at hand at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Surely the Plastic cannot be affected by such low (20-60C) temperatures?
    What would you think of a jury riged backplate made of mechano like plastic braces?

Advertisement