Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coca cola

Options
  • 07-10-2009 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

what has happened to coca cola, the taste has changed, why have they started giving us coke from the north, its not as sweet, its bland as a wet sock, anyone else agree

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Was wondering myself about this, (I know it's an old thread) almost all of the cans and 500ml bottles now seem to be sourced in NI, it started in chippers and take aways that I noticed it last year, but most shops seem to be in on it now as well.
    I'm guessing it's cheaper to buy for the retailer, but where are all the better tasting ROI cans, and surely this must be a huge hit for CC Irl? where are their main markets if NI is taking over? or is it a surplus from NI they're shifting?
    Weening myself onto diet and zero at the moment to kick the sugar, but when there's no other I want the genuine article!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think someone told me that all Irish Coca Cola is coming from the north now but I could be wrong.

Edit: Having looked at a can from a multipack and a can that was sold as a single there is no NI logo on either so whoever told me was probably wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

afaik they are building a new plant in waterford and all coke is coming from lambeg til the new factory is up and running

Advertisement