Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Host families for French kids needed in Dublin

Options
  • 07-10-2009 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I live in France and have been asked if I could source a number of host families for French children visiting Ireland - is there anyone out there that could advise me?
    Thanks in advance,
    Catherine
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

But I think there are some Student Exchange websites, if you google them. The alternative is trying a school, if all the French are coming from one school then they get to see each other while in Ireland too so they don't get too lonely.

I'm looking for a French exchange for my teenager myself. One that doesn't cost a fortune....and where I know the kid will be safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 cathohara

Thanks JC - maybe you could PM me so we could discuss further? I have 3 kids myself and have been involved in educational exchanges of this kind for years - this particular request is a favour for one of our business partners - I have suggested that maybe an extra interest such as tennis/football/soccer/rugby may help his case? Where do you live in Ireland?
    Catherine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Have you tried contacting schools to see if they'd pass the word around?
    Or send them on information to forward on to the parents of their pupils?

Thanks Kittenkiller - thats a good idea - I will do that - I hope to get to speak to the organisers to find out more before calling around/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Buddy2009

Hi Catherine,
    I live in Maynooth Co. Kildare. I would be very interested in hosting a French student, possibly two as I have two spare rooms.

Reagrds,
    Paula.

• Advertisement

Thanks Paula - if necessary, would you know other families willing to host some too?
    Kind Regards
    Catherine

Catherine,

How many children do you need host famlies for. Also for how long?

If you want to PM me with more information I can investigate further.

Regards,
    Paula.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

maybe have a word with St Killian's , they might be ale to get you in touch with families

http://www.lfi.ie/

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lyndilu

Hi,

Have you organised host families for french students. I live in lucan and I could host 2 or 3 students, if that is any help.

Hi Lyndilu,

I have'nt heard back from Cathohara regarding her requirements. If I do I will let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Lyndilu

thanks...

will talk soon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement