Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is sram red worth the money?

• 07-10-2009 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I'm in the process of building a new road bike. Just wondering is the sram red group just pure bling or is really that much better than say force or ultegra.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,156 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

No. Get Force, but make sure it's the 2010 version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Red / Force, even Rival, its all good. I have Rival and Red. I wouldn't bother paying for Red over force for a small weight saving. The only reason to get red is if you are a complete weight weenie or want bragging rights. As Lumen has alluded to, the new force looks like red and is functionally identical (force probably has better front shifting too due to the material the FD is made of).

Personally I only got it because it was 1000 euro in the sale at Merlin Cycles. Still pricey but a good deal cheaper than over here.

Advertisement