Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of buying 99 Corolla

• 07-10-2009 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi

I am thinking of buying a 99 1.3L Corolla 89k miles, dealer tells me its a lift back model as opposed to hatchback, asking price of 1950 euro.
    If any one can tell me what they think have omly seen photos on Carzone even if I seen it in person dont think it would tell me alot.
    So any views, comments or experience with this model would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Chances are it'll keep on going.

Apart from that?..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Liftback is just another name Toyota use for 5 door hatchback. €1950 is a bit expensive for a 10 year old one to be honest. I would be aiming for the improved facelifted model from 2000 onwards that got the newer 1.4 litre VVTi engine like this one:

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200939195328528

My father had a 2000 model for almost 4 years and the only issue it had was the crappy fisher price type stereo gave in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

My wife has one for the last 5 years, a 97 frog eye type. Has put up 50 k miles on it. Apart from some work it needed when she bought it (clutch and a set of tyres) I replaced the front struts for the last NCT, a set of brake pads, two tyres a a brake light bulb and I service it every 6 months. Has never failed to start. What more can I say

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭spree

Hi

Thanks for the advice but she went for a 99 Focus in the end 77k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

spree wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks for the advice but she went for a 99 Focus in the end 77k

Jesus, she didnt hang about.

I owned a 99 3 door corolla and i loved it dearly. I think i might get thee same again when i get back to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

It's overpriced for what it is OP... €1400 is much more realistic. You can get better for €2k tbh.

Advertisement