Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 - Virtual Pro, Tricks, Jostling.

Options
  • 07-10-2009 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

I am pretty new to FIFA 10 as I have not purchased a FIFA iteration in quite some time so all these new features are very impressive. Having said that, I am having problems with winning jostles. For me it seems quite random, but for the most part I receive a '-' for losing a jostle, can anyone explain what exactly you are supposed to do when attempting to receive the ball from a goal kick etc?

Also, my Virtual Pro is steadily improving his shooting, mental, ball control and passing skills, but unlike normal players I am unable to do tricks (Holding LT and moving RS). Is this something that will develop over time with increased ball skills or what?

Many thanks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jostling: When the ball is in the air hold LT/L2 and move into position to win the ball.

Tricks: Get your Virtual Pro in the arena, then go to Xbox 360 Controller Settings and view the Skill Moves, do all the basic skills in the arena and you unlock Level 1 skills, do all the Level 1 skills and you unlock Level 2 etc. etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Cheers for that. At the moment I am playing Be A Pro Season with my Virtual Pro at Professional Level. I have yet to lose (On Match Day 20), but it is a tough battle.

Does anyone have any advice for utilising tricks best in matches? Anybody have any generation tips that are well known about FIFA, that I may not know? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Also check out the Accomplishments of your Pro and do all tasks that involve the arena
    e.g. scoring 6 penos in a row,
    scoring a curved free-kick etc.

This will improve some of your attributes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Also check out the Accomplishments of your Pro and do all tasks that involve the arena
    e.g. scoring 6 penos in a row,
    scoring a curved free-kick etc.

This will improve some of your attributes

I just tried both of those Accomplishments and neither of them popped. Skill level is on Professional, I am using the Pro I created and; nothing. Any ideas?

Also, do many people use the [Xbox] Right Bumper (RB) when one on one with the keeper, or?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alpomb

Those accomplishment only pop if you take the freekick/peno of the type where you press left on the D-pad (PS3) to set them up where the player is standing in the arena. I had the same problem, I completed them from the from the set piece menu (select on PS3) and nothing happened.

There's a few more available as well, like score a driven freekick,score a chipped penalty and score from more than 30 yards in the arena.

I'm pretty sure there's more as well just can't remember them right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Liber8or wrote: »
    Also, do many people use the [Xbox] Right Bumper (RB) when one on one with the keeper, or?

Yes. Yes we do.

The finesse shot is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yes. Yes we do.

The finesse shot is your friend.

It works moreso for me than the lob option. (LB and B) ---> I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Im having trouble doing the rabona fake. I have my player able to do all the tricks up to level 5 and can do all the other level 5 ones but the rabona fake is a problem for me.

also how do you go about doing a normal rabona?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Tuireann

do virtual pros still get accomplishments if they do things in simmed matches??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 soccergameguide

I have made a small guide to which accomplishments you can do in the arena to boost you virtual pro career. Maybe you will find it useful:
    http://www.soccergameguide.com/?p=147

• Advertisement
Advertisement