Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quentin Fotrell on Ray D'Arcy

• 07-10-2009 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭

I've listened to this guy a few times on the Ray D'Arcy programme, where he gives out advice to listeners. What the hell is up with his accent - he has that awful half-American twang going on, and it's so annoying to listen to! He's Irish FFS, why does he feel the need to put on that awful, cringey, embarrassing mid-Atlantic accent which seems to be most popular among a certain subset from the D4 area??!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

I've listened to this guy a few times on the Ray D'Arcy programme, where he gives out advice to listeners. What the hell is up with his accent - he has that awful half-American twang going on, and it's so annoying to listen to! He's Irish FFS, why does he feel the need to put on that awful, cringey, embarrassing mid-Atlantic accent which seems to be most popular among a certain subset from the D4 area??!!

Yes only the D4 area only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭mandysmithers

themont85 wrote: »
    Yes only the D4 area only.

I just said it's most popular there, not that that's the only place you hear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I was lucky enough to here Tom Dunne talkin to this dude one mornin when he was standin in for Ray Darcy. He began by introducing him as quentin fotril as opposed to FotRELL. lol Our poncy friend didnt like that one bit. Tom wasnt as in tune with his feminine side as Ray and it was like listenin to a gay man talkin about sex and the city with a middle age farmer from leitrim! :D

To answer your question OP, Quentin is obviously gay and alot of gay guys sound abit different to the rest of the male population dont they?
    Example Graham Norton - hes from Cork. I mean, would ya ever guess that he was even Irish if ya didnt know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Maybe his "farmers" were acting up .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Wow haven't listened to the D'Arsey show in years, that guy is still on the show? I realize he make a living writing a column for braindead simps but I always wondered how he got the whole agony uncle/aunt job in the first place. What qualifies him to give relationship advice to anyone, may as well ask a random stranger in a pub for their opinion but people actually listen to that guy.

Suppose you could say the same about anyone in that kind of business, it just amazes me that people still listen to "agony aunt" type stuff.....oh and yes his accent (as my D4 friends would say) is redonkulous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭mandysmithers

Agricola wrote: »
    To answer your question OP, Quentin is obviously gay and alot of gay guys sound abit different to the rest of the male population dont they?
    Example Graham Norton - hes from Cork. I mean, would ya ever guess that he was even Irish if ya didnt know!

Well, Graham Norton has lived in England for years, so he might have picked up some of the accent.

I know what you mean about gay guys, but they usually have that sort of lispy sound to their voices, their actual accent doesn't change.

I hate when people completely change their accents due to a false notion that it makes them seem better/cooler/sophisticated than others - it's different if you're a television presenter or news reader and you have to tone down your accent a bit, so as to come across clearly.

I actually read a bit about Quentin on his website before starting this thread, to see if he had been raised in America or something, hence the accent, but no - he's from Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭icanhearjimi

text number, every 2 f**king minutes, followed by
    eh ray eh @ eh today eh fm eh .com ehhhhh followed bye text number again and again and again, ehhh.
    Was standing waiting in a shop the other day and this crap was on the radio, how do people listen to this sh*te ?
    ehhh text number again ehhhhh

Advertisement