Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloody students again!

• 07-10-2009 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭

This time the muppets decide to use Cherrymount as a car park for college. Why can't they go down to the RSC and park there? I thought that was a designated car park for them. Worse of all, they decide to park right outside St Martins school which is the height of stupidity and putting the kids at risk.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'm making the assumption that you're referring to WIT students? It's a bit of a distance from Cherrymount to WIT making it sort of illogical (not that logic features too often in the decisions we make/made when young)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yes it is illogical but they walk through the estate up from the walkway to their cars and drive off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Better Cherrymount then Lismore Park I say :pac::pac::pac:

That is a hell of a walk though I mean surely with half the IDA closing down that would be a better option for them. I can think of at least 5 places that are closer then cherrymount. Unless it's students going to college street then I can only think of maybe three.

I usually defend the students as basically the ones i UCC are paying my bills but the is fairly daft IMO.

Do you realise that St Martins is a school for young kids with special needs?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I'm not from the area, but how is parking at/around a school putting children in danger, regardless of the fact it's a special needs school?

• Advertisement

If kids are trying to cross the road the view of drivers is obstructed by idiots parking on the grass verge outside the school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

thats rediculous, the rsc is closer to the college than cherrymount, even with the walkway,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Cherrymount??? That's a bit of a hike! I notice from passing the RSC that there's only ever about 25 cars there in the morning. The Student's Union needs to sort these clowns out. Lismore Park is still affected as the lazy fcukers drive far enough in to where there are no yellow lines and then abandon their cars. The bin lorries have had difficulty getting through.

Maybe lazy fcukers is the wrong expression...selfish cnuts might be more accurate!

Damn those fcukers for turning my 500th post into a rant!!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Anyone know how to use a tire valve key ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

The college needs to sort that rubbish out ... its ridiculous

but i suppose it gives the stundednts something else to moan about....
    having to park in cherrymount and OMG walk to the WIT..:rolleyes:
    you know the ones who bang on about being poor and can't afford fees and need more grants... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

I have it under good authority that there is a house in lismore park rented to students, there are 4 cars parked at the house belonging to the students and they ALL drive to the WIT everyday for class!!! :rolleyes:

I mean, whatever happened to putting on a rain jacket and taking a stroll??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭hotspur147

shapez wrote: »
    I have it under good authority that there is a house in lismore park rented to students, there are 4 cars parked at the house belonging to the students and they ALL drive to the WIT everyday for class!!! :rolleyes:

I mean, whatever happened to putting on a rain jacket and taking a stroll??

i'll go one better.what about the student houses in templars hall?all with 3 to 4 cars outside,all driving to college every day and clogging up their car park.it's a stupid situation but i suppose we have to remember that you're mostly dealing with brainless teenagers whose parents would bear the brunt for any parking/clamping fines coz heaven forbid they would have to do without their drinking money for the week so basically they don't give a sh1te.
    another question i'd love to ask the students is.......why use lismore park to dump their cars?why not use ballybeg?its just as close with plenty of room.although i think we all would have a fair idea of what would happen if they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I just can't comprehend how they could be WIT students parking in Cherrymount. Sure you'd have to walk past the RSC to get there wouldn't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

I'm sorry, but I live in Cherrymount, I have never seen cars parked there of which they belong to students. Especially if they park at St Martins.... It is a fair distance alright, but it don't seem feasible to me for a student to park there. Not a bright student anyway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭TheFlatulator

Just curious, how do you know there students, have you followed them to the college?

Could it be possible that its workers from town avoiding parking cost. I live in near the Yellow rd and people drive in from the country and park outside my house and then walk into their job and then come back at 5.30 to get there cars. I have been seeing this kind of thing for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭iseegirls

The amount of cars parked around ballytruckle green near the sacred heart church is crazy too - they're not students - they're people working in town but do not want to pay for spacing in the city centre. I bet they're a lot more hazardous than this one single car containing what you think are "students"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

kensutz wrote: »
    This time the muppets decide to use Cherrymount as a car park for college. Why can't they go down to the RSC and park there? I thought that was a designated car park for them. Worse of all, they decide to park right outside St Martins school which is the height of stupidity and putting the kids at risk.

Unless you can prove it is students and it seems highly unlikely I suggest you stop making such rash statements

^^^^

Agreed

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cant see them parking over that far tbh. Not in any large numbers anyway.

I just found out who is parking there, (relative works in St Martins)

Yes the people parking there are students, however, they are on placement in St Martins, and the school will not allow the students to park in the car park located behind the school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 jayp

I heard from someone living in the bungalows across from St. Martins that it is the staff who are parking outside the school. I wonder how many workplace students can one school have at any one time to be branded as the sole culprits causing such a nuisance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I heard it was Eastern Europeans. Apparently, there was a copy of the Big Issues seen on the back seat of one of the cars and that can only mean one thing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

lol so it wasnt all those dirty wit goers after all???

LOL @ THE OP:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

old gregg wrote: »
    I heard it was Eastern Europeans. Apparently, there was a copy of the Big Issues seen on the back seat of one of the cars and that can only mean one thing. :D

Jesus they must be making some money from the big issue to get a car :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭googlefan

How about a bit of common sense? You are sending approx 7,000 people into a facility every day with a rubbish public transport system and car parking for a fraction of them. What did they expect to happen?

Did any public planners ever consider a Park & Ride facility? I know one operates in UCC, it goes every 30 mins. I know its a vastly bigger facility but the idea would solve a lot of the issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

googlefan wrote: »
    How about a bit of common sense? You are sending approx 7,000 people into a facility every day with a rubbish public transport system and car parking for a fraction of them. What did they expect to happen?

Did any public planners ever consider a Park & Ride facility? I know one operates in UCC, it goes every 30 mins. I know its a vastly bigger facility but the idea would solve a lot of the issues.

op had it arseways, its not WIT students by the look of it. Its students doing work placement in the school. Not WIT people parking stupidly far away and walking as was his/her original guess:rolleyes:

Advertisement